0.3.15 RC Testing

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Z98
Release Engineer

Re: 0.3.15 RC Testing

Post by Z98 »

Build environment/compiler. We're not expecting any differences between the two, it was for testing a theory.
ArmyMan007

Post by ArmyMan007 »

Are you ever going to combine both RC's into the trunk and make only one RC?

EDIT: you = dev team
ReactOS - Open Your Windows to Freedom
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

I'm afraid I don't understand your question.
milon

Post by milon »

ArmyMan007 wrote:Are you ever going to combine both RC's into the trunk and make only one RC?

EDIT: you = dev team
If you mean RC1 vs RC2, then no. RC1 is made obsolete by RC2. If there's an RC3, that will make RC2 obsolete. And so on.

If you mean RC2 vs RC2-Alternate, then no. To test a theory you need both a test case and a control case. Test them both the same way, and report any crashes or differences you find.
ArmyMan007

Post by ArmyMan007 »

Z98 wrote:I'm afraid I don't understand your question.
Sorry for the misunderstanding Z98, let me rephrase the question:
The build environment / compiler of both RC's are different. My question was if there will be any way you will combine the two RC's into one RC or even put it in the trunk releases or is it never going to happen.

If you misunderstood that, then I guess I have no idea about basic compiling.

EDIT: I believe milon pretty much answered what I was asking :D
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Yes Milon has explained it perfectly. :)
KnownSyntax

Post by KnownSyntax »

mIRC 6 installation in the application manager doesn't work, also FireFox's newest version causes a blue screen once it installs. If you try to upgrade from a lower version it does the same thing, although it'll basically brick FireFox from working again. (I don't personally have the blue screen codes on hands but it's very easy to make it happen again).

Seems very stable besides that (currently have ReactOS up for 3 days running some calculations 24/7 and also performing other things) in a virtualized environment since I don't have any hardware to only test it on.
FreshAquaria - Freshwater Discussion and Knowledgebase
ArmyMan007

Post by ArmyMan007 »

KnownSyntax wrote:mIRC 6 installation in the application manager doesn't work, also FireFox's newest version causes a blue screen once it installs. If you try to upgrade from a lower version it does the same thing, although it'll basically brick FireFox from working again. (I don't personally have the blue screen codes on hands but it's very easy to make it happen again).

Seems very stable besides that (currently have ReactOS up for 3 days running some calculations 24/7 and also performing other things) in a virtualized environment since I don't have any hardware to only test it on.
If you would have checked the Test Center then you would have figured out the results w/o posting it here :D
KnownSyntax

Post by KnownSyntax »

On the testing center it doesn't show that the newest version of Firefox doesn't work, it also doesn't show that mIRC 6.35 from the Application Manager doesn't work either since it lists mIRC 6.35 as working just fine.
FreshAquaria - Freshwater Discussion and Knowledgebase
amber

Post by amber »

USB...

1) Insert the Flash memory (USB)
2) Choose a Virtual Box "Eject USB"

And enjoy the blue screen...
ArmyMan007

Post by ArmyMan007 »

KnownSyntax wrote:On the testing center it doesn't show that the newest version of Firefox doesn't work, it also doesn't show that mIRC 6.35 from the Application Manager doesn't work either since it lists mIRC 6.35 as working just fine.
Regarding mIRC 6.35 - I've deleted it from the wiki since the newer version works. What's the point to test out an old version if the newer one works?

Regarding FF - It has several versions of testing because the newest FF doesn't work (drawing issues for all I know)
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

Testing central uses constant (and increasingly old) version of the software for a reason. If you have IDENTICAL environment, you can track regressions better :)
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Guys, if you see a bug, get a debug log and report it to Jira. The devs rarely see problems being reported on the forum, and those of us that do can't do anything if we're not given more information in the form of a debug log, especially if we cannot reproduce an issue.
jerexgrz

Post by jerexgrz »

In the lastest version 58837, the taskbar doesn't appear when i'm testing Livecd with mobalive. Do you know already it ?
amber

Post by amber »

Utility Manager (with source)

This is a beta version of the program, similar to Windows program utilman.exe. I have not seen the original English version in Windows XP, so translated it into PROMT 7 translator. The program is written in Delphi 7. Sources are included. For proper installation, set RegApp.reg to your language, and then import the registry. The program automatically determines the language system before starting and puts herself (currently defined languages ​​are Russian and English, if your system uses a different language, you can recompile the program by adding the appropriate line of your tongue to the source code.)

P.S.
Many functions are not available yet))

http://files.mail.ru/1387AD4F54FF4D84822799A0C2C5EFE4