About ReactOS 0.4

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ctasan

Re: About ReactOS 0.4

Post by ctasan »

Somewhere I heard Thomas Faber was working for new MM sections. Is he about to finish and will new MM be included into final 0.4 release, any news?
ReactOS Community Changelogs | Admin of ReactOS Official Twitter Account | Admin of ReactOS Turkish Twitter Account @reactos_tr
gonzoMD

Post by gonzoMD »

No, this will not make it into release. Tom is fixing blocker and nice2have bugs ATM.
nitesico

Post by nitesico »

ctasan wrote:Somewhere I heard Thomas Faber was working for new MM sections. Is he about to finish and will new MM be included into final 0.4 release, any news?
What is MM?
Forever Winter

Post by Forever Winter »

nitesico wrote:
ctasan wrote:Somewhere I heard Thomas Faber was working for new MM sections. Is he about to finish and will new MM be included into final 0.4 release, any news?
What is MM?
Memory Manager
ctasan

Post by ctasan »

nitesico wrote:
What is MM?
Memory Manager, a module of NT kernel that handles memory usage/allocation/management.

By the way, delaying MM makes me (and probably lots of people) sad :(
ReactOS Community Changelogs | Admin of ReactOS Official Twitter Account | Admin of ReactOS Turkish Twitter Account @reactos_tr
nitesico

Post by nitesico »

Thank for reply
pbreneman

Post by pbreneman »

ctasan wrote:So... ReactOS 0.4 is closer to being released... But I still think that it's early to release: system commit limit isn't implemented (Timo Kreuzer said he was working on that... no news yet) and it causes memory problems (not counting paging), flaking sound and Internet (TCP stack stops working, holes in ws2_32/iphlpapi/TCP-IP components), non-working USB, assertion failures everywhere and still failing programs... Real hardware testing and kernel fixes should come later, we should be able to fully work on virtual machines first.
Sounds somewhat like the kind of problems I have with 0.4 RC1 just compiling programs at the command prompt:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Small_Virtua ... al_machine

Regards,
Paul
http://www.controlpascal.com/
sv00010

Post by sv00010 »

Hi,

I want ask for update of release date of version 0.4.
middings

Post by middings »

The first rule of ReactOS Release Date is: you do not talk about ReactOS Release Date. ;)

The ReactOS 0.4.0 release candidate #1 (RC1) is available here.
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

Ah, "fight club" rules. I think the same applies to newsletter dates. Glad to see the RC.
bernarddt

Post by bernarddt »

PurpleGurl wrote:Ah, "fight club" rules. I think the same applies to newsletter dates. Glad to see the RC.
... and meeting minutes :P
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Which meeting minutes?? You have the recent ones
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

EmuandCo wrote:Which meeting minutes?? You have the recent ones
I think they were continuing the thought about the "rule" of not discussing things applies to them too. That was something I didn't mention when I brought up the movie reference. "The first rule about the fight club is that you don't talk about the fight club." In this case, we were all discussing ROS in this context saying, that the same applies to release dates, minutes, newsletters, etc. Discussing release dates doesn't fix bugs any faster.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

I wouldn't mention any of that if I were you ;)
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
bernarddt

Post by bernarddt »

EmuandCo wrote:Which meeting minutes?? You have the recent ones
PurpleGurl wrote: I think they were continuing the thought about the "rule" of not discussing things applies to them too. That was something I didn't mention when I brought up the movie reference. "The first rule about the fight club is that you don't talk about the fight club." In this case, we were all discussing ROS in this context saying, that the same applies to release dates, minutes, newsletters, etc. Discussing release dates doesn't fix bugs any faster.
What she said, and yes just continuing the pun on the Fight Club Rules :P
PurpleGurl wrote:[..]Discussing release dates doesn't fix bugs any faster.
This is so accurate it makes me want to cry! (Happy tears!) ;(