can we ever bring reactos to school??

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

mrgoogle

can we ever bring reactos to school??

Post by mrgoogle »

lol i was watching some linux history documentary and saw some chinese programmers using linux as a learning-basis for understanding unix-architecture... i was wondering if it was possible to bring it to some school as a standard learning basis for understand windows or c/c++ and other programmers related stuff( im not a programmer)

-that could really help in this project's development and hope members would also think of many other ways to speed up its development other than just making it a standard school lesson...can't wait to see reactos leave alpha stage as soon as possible
Pi_User5

Re: can we ever bring reactos to school??

Post by Pi_User5 »

mrgoogle wrote:lol i was watching some linux history documentary and saw some chinese programmers using linux as a learning-basis for understanding unix-architecture... i was wondering if it was possible to bring it to some school as a standard learning basis for understand windows or c/c++ and other programmers related stuff( im not a programmer)

-that could really help in this project's development and hope members would also think of many other ways to speed up its development other than just making it a standard school lesson...can't wait to see reactos leave alpha stage as soon as possible
I think it would be fine.
I use ReactOS on real hardware. Will you? My Computers: https://www.reactos.org/wiki/PC_ROS_Rigs Go all the way to the bottom.

[ external image ]
oldman

Post by oldman »

mrgoogle wrote:lol i was watching some linux history documentary and saw some chinese programmers using linux as a learning-basis for understanding unix-architecture... i was wondering if it was possible to bring it to some school as a standard learning basis for understand windows or c/c++ and other programmers related stuff( im not a programmer)
The ReactOS project co-ordinator, Alex Bragin is using it to teach computing in Russia! Which if you follow Jira, you will see that from time to time, Russian names in the commit logs, so it is bearing fruit already.
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

Yes, as the poster above me said, this is actually already being done, at least on a limited basis. It would be more helpful if this practice were more widespread.
mrgoogle

Post by mrgoogle »

im well aware of ; Alex Bragin is using it to teach computing in Russia, but how about in other places
Pi_User5

Post by Pi_User5 »

mrgoogle wrote:im well aware of ; Alex Bragin is using it to teach computing in Russia, but how about in other places
No where else.
I use ReactOS on real hardware. Will you? My Computers: https://www.reactos.org/wiki/PC_ROS_Rigs Go all the way to the bottom.

[ external image ]
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

Actually, they might be doing this in parts of Asia, but I haven't heard of anything coming back upstream as a result.
pbreneman

Post by pbreneman »

I'm trying to get more educational stuff done with ReactOS. See this wiki page http://wiki.freepascal.org/Small_Virtual_Machines and also see the Levinux and Teensy stuff near the bottom of that page for other ideas.