best wifi manager to this?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

romulo27

best wifi manager to this?

Post by romulo27 »

well, i was testing on the test laptop i have, and i have a big problem since i installed it

my ethernet card dont work, and my wifi ones doesnt too
i know i can get this to work somehow, because i had windows xp, and wifi worked great on it, but, first i noticed that i was getting some dll errors installing those drivers, then i installed them all with no bigger troubles, until, i go use wlanconf on cmd, and it just say theres no wireless device :cry:

i can still live without this part, because i dont really use that laptop all the time, its just to play doom or snes games (both worked amazingly well on reactOS, having a better performance than the windows xp os), again, im fully aware this is in alpha, but this is really the kind of thing i wanna see become bigger, i might donate when i have some extra money, not now, because international donations where i live is the kind of not-so-common happening stuff
middings

Re: best wifi manager to this?

Post by middings »

Thank you for trying ReactOS and reporting the experience you had with ReactOS.

At present the network interface controller (NIC) software driver supplied by ReactOS supports only a NIC based on the Realtek 8139 device. Clever people might be able to install driver software for other NICs. Unfortunately, at this time automated driver installation software usually fails to run correctly on ReactOS. Support for wireless LAN hardware and their protocols is not complete.
romulo27

Post by romulo27 »

oh ok thanks, im planning on donate to this when i can, i want so much to see this go to beta, i really want, like, now it being unstable and in some cases unusable, its still amazing how it actually runs windows applications, now, in beta, i cannot even think :D
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

Current WiFi support in ROS: Only WEP, no installer stuff, only via command-line.