ReactOS Video

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

matteqa

ReactOS Video

Post by matteqa »

Just wanted to share this video I created about ReactOS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsyXtNWXd4k

-matteqa
justincase

Re: ReactOS Video

Post by justincase »

I like it.
This is a great way to bring ReactOS to people's attention, make an argument for why it exists & why people should want it, request developer & tester help, and not give people unrealistic expectations. The only thing I think might be missing is that when you talk about how people can help, you don't mention donations at all, but honestly, for the moment at least, I think getting more developers and good testers is probably a higher priority (not sure how long it'll stay that way though).

Do you have a twitter account? If so you should tweet it to the official @reactos twitter account, they'll probably retweet it.
I reserve the right to ignore any portion of any post if I deem it not constructive or likely to cause the discussion to degenerate.
matteqa

Post by matteqa »

justincase wrote:I like it.
This is a great way to bring ReactOS to people's attention, make an argument for why it exists & why people should want it, request developer & tester help, and not give people unrealistic expectations. The only thing I think might be missing is that when you talk about how people can help, you don't mention donations at all, but honestly, for the moment at least, I think getting more developers and good testers is probably a higher priority (not sure how long it'll stay that way though).

Do you have a twitter account? If so you should tweet it to the official @reactos twitter account, they'll probably retweet it.
Thanks for watching the video! I did @ reactos in my tweet but didn't get any response.
wildschwein

Post by wildschwein »

Great video !

My idea: make another one, that demonstrate what software already works...e.g. some of the golden apps....
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

I like it too. ^^ Nice work
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
theuserbl

Post by theuserbl »

ExplainingCompouters have uplodaded today a ReactOS-video, too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne88Is2cymQ
techtalk

Post by techtalk »

Here's a video I created about a week ago after having issues getting Network support working under Virtual Box. It was difficult at first finding the info. I needed, so thought a more detailed video needed to be made. Hope it's helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHRPEEbtjNU&t=681s
Missingno50

Post by Missingno50 »

I mess up everything and I don't know where the delete button is
Last edited by Missingno50 on Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We are going to have to act, if we want to live in a different world."
Proud owner of one semi-modern ROS compatible computer. I hope to make an industry out of selling ROS compatibles the moment 0.5.0 releases.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

I wouldn't bother, who cares what trolls think? They are just showing huge amounts of ignorance and bias. And a large dose of opinion.

Why did you post this here?
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
justincase

Post by justincase »

@Missingno50: Thank you for editing the offending material out of your post.

[edit] This post previously said: Your post has nothing to do with this thread, and especially nothing to do with my post, which you quoted. This thread, and my post, are supposed to be about the video linked in the opening post, which I felt did a good job of explaining (for the most part) what the ReactOS project is and isn't.
Last edited by justincase on Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
I reserve the right to ignore any portion of any post if I deem it not constructive or likely to cause the discussion to degenerate.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

@Missingno50: I have no clue what you are talking about, but you have 24 hours to edit your post to something on topic, or I DO!
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
techtalk

Post by techtalk »

matteqa wrote:Just wanted to share this video I created about ReactOS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsyXtNWXd4k

-matteqa
Great job on your video! I very much enjoyed it and it also helped inspire me to create one on ReactOS as well. Cheers!