Video:Install Audio Drivers, Share Files & more!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

techtalk

Video:Install Audio Drivers, Share Files & more!

Post by techtalk »

This video will show you how to install the Audio/Sound drivers in ReactOS, how to share files between ReactOS and your Desktop computer, utilize snapshots in Virtual Box and install/run Pingus and Audacity.

Link Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODue5_XJ6p4

If you haven't seen our first video, you may want to watch this first: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHRPEEbtjNU&t=5s
It covers how to Install/Setup ReactOS with Networking support and the Display driver.
Last edited by techtalk on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
wildschwein

Re: New Video:Install Audio Drivers, Share Files & more!

Post by wildschwein »

Well done, Tech Talk !

very professionell video, please make more !
techtalk

Re: New Video:Install Audio Drivers, Share Files & more!

Post by techtalk »

wildschwein wrote:Well done, Tech Talk !

very professionell video, please make more !
Thank you so much for your kind comments! Honestly thinking about creating more. Any recommendations of what you think would be helpful/want to see, please post here or in the video comments (Link: https://youtu.be/ODue5_XJ6p4 ). It would be really great to have viewers of this video comment on what they would like to see in the next video! I'll do my best to make it happen!

Thank you again!
wildschwein

Re: Video:Install Audio Drivers, Share Files & more!

Post by wildschwein »

hit tech talk,

my ideas for video theme

1. Install Reactos on real hardware - live ! perhaps with boring sequences fast forwarded... this can be done pretty nice, with adequat music - if someone has the video experience like you - i am not talented in making videos, what a pity, but i am also to lazy to lern it :-)

2. Play some good old DOS Games, that everybody know on Reactos - live ! And please play the first level seriously - or play a higher level seriously, there is more action to see.
Show in parallel what happens in Windows 7, when someone tries to start an old DOS Game on cmd (without Dosbox) ...

more ideas soon...

hmm.....one more. If you are interessted i can make a video from installing Reactos on real hardware (on my Thinkpad R50e) . It would be long and partial boring, but it's a child's play for you, to fast forward the boring sequences and mix it with a suitable music and some modern video effects. Of course I use better camera to get a better video quality - not that bad as on my threat few days ago...
techtalk

Re: Video:Install Audio Drivers, Share Files & more!

Post by techtalk »

I should really check this forum more often! Man, thank you for all your recommendations. I did wind up releasing a video on Installing RoS on Real Hardware the very day you replied here. That video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHRPEEbtjNU&t=596s I used a VGA->RCA converter to record the video, it was ok but not that great. My budget is highly limited (whatever I can squeak by the wife without her noticing). I was hoping to build up the channel to a point where I could buy more stuff to review. Then, YouTube made it impossible for small-time folks like myself to monetize videos to do that. You have to have 4000 watch hours and 1000 subscribers within a year. May never happen for me, so I'll just crank out videos as I can and hope. I love technology and RoS is an awesome project!

I'm lousy at some of those old DOS games, but I might be able to locate Duke Nuke'm :) That's one I enjoyed many years ago. Great suggestion!

Thank you so much for your suggestions and hope to release a video soon.

All the Best,

Jon
wildschwein wrote:hit tech talk,

my ideas for video theme

1. Install Reactos on real hardware - live ! perhaps with boring sequences fast forwarded... this can be done pretty nice, with adequat music - if someone has the video experience like you - i am not talented in making videos, what a pity, but i am also to lazy to lern it :-)

2. Play some good old DOS Games, that everybody know on Reactos - live ! And please play the first level seriously - or play a higher level seriously, there is more action to see.
Show in parallel what happens in Windows 7, when someone tries to start an old DOS Game on cmd (without Dosbox) ...

more ideas soon...

hmm.....one more. If you are interessted i can make a video from installing Reactos on real hardware (on my Thinkpad R50e) . It would be long and partial boring, but it's a child's play for you, to fast forward the boring sequences and mix it with a suitable music and some modern video effects. Of course I use better camera to get a better video quality - not that bad as on my threat few days ago...