MS WinFile OpenSource

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

dizt3mp3r

Re: MS WinFile OpenSource

Post by dizt3mp3r »

No, you said
i have made a win32 App with VS2017 Express which run under Windows but not under ROS :o
...can someone tell me how to fix it to run under ROS :?: (i'm not a C# Programmer)
Which win32 app? You need to be specific. If you are talking about your own app then raise a separate post as suggested.

If you are talking about winfile then please state precisely what you are doing... If English is not your first language then that's fine. Just take it slowly and add all the information so there is no confusion.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
Xbase

Post by Xbase »

dizt3mp3r wrote:Which win32 app? You need to be specific.
If you are talking about winfile then please state precisely what you are doing...
i talk about MS WinFile Source, that is what the Header of THIS Thread say.

i have NOT made any change just set Property to 32bit, instead of 64bit, and press F5 in VS2017 Express.

as it run under Window 32bit i test it with ROS under virtualBox v5.2.8 and it start but that i got the ErrorMsg :evil:
i just want to know if someone else have test it, do you :?:
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

If you don't build it in a XP supportive way, it will most likely NOT run. I have no clue if MSVC 2017 is able to still do that at all.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
cb88

Post by cb88 »

EmuandCo wrote:If you don't build it in a XP supportive way, it will most likely NOT run. I have no clue if MSVC 2017 is able to still do that at all.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visual ... ibility-vs

MS says it 2017 does support targeting XP still. I'm pretty sure you have to enable it during the installation though... as an option to get the required libraries and such.

I believe this is the correct guide for doing so https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/bu ... windows-xp
Carlo Bramix

Post by Carlo Bramix »

Xbase wrote:i have made a win32 App with VS2017 Express which run under Windows but not under ROS :o
"unable to initialize Background Update Support ... ERROR_PROC_NOT_FOUND"
can someone tell me how to fix it to run under ROS :?: (i'm not a C# Programmer)
If I remember well, ReactOS is missing some registry keys.