results of my latest test

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

type47

results of my latest test

Post by type47 »

After my failure to start ROS from compact flash or disk image, I finally resorted to burning a CD with 0.4.7. I placed it in my only other PC with optical drive (Athlon XP with KT333 chipset) and was able to install.

I chose Japanese keyboard layout in the early portion of the installation, but after booting the OS it had reverted to US layout.

I could not boot with the USB mouse connected (freeze at ROS logo). I had to leave it disconnected, and only connect it after reaching the desktop. I tried disabling USB mouse support in the BIOS with no effect.

I installed the VIA Rhine II network driver. I could not open the properties page for the network connection, and the status page only worked after a reboot, but the network connection became functional. I could not access any network drive (is the NET USE command even implemented yet?)

CrystalCPUID ran. CPU-Z ran (I think it was version 1.65). Attempting to run HD-Tach froze the system. I ran this demo but it was very slow and without sound. I tried the FreeBASIC compiler and some test programs and they worked.

I tried to install the CMedia AC97 audio driver (win2k version) and it appeared to succeed but sound still did not work.

I tried to install nVidia driver 91.31 for GeForce FX5700 but it failed.

I tried to install VIA Hyperion Pro driver package. At first it appeared to freeze. I tried again and got an error message. But when I checked the device manager I saw that drivers had been installed. Unfortunately ROS now does not boot anymore as it results in a BSOD and STOP message.
mrmajik45

Re: results of my latest test

Post by mrmajik45 »

Well if you know how to do some debugging then maybe you can make a JIRA.
ReactOS Donator ~ $5.00 | Linux Mint Donator ~ $1.00 in BTC
middings

Re: results of my latest test

Post by middings »

Type47 reported many issues in one post that I hardly know where to begin. The best practice in the ReactOS forum is to report one and only one issue/bug per topic. This is a common practice with any bug repor or help request.