Your most wanted feature for the 2019 Hackfest?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

PurpleGurl

Re: Your most wanted feature for the next Hackfest?

Post by PurpleGurl »

I agree with Middings. Putting the year would have been helpful.

However, on the Explorer example, I doubt that would play out. I mean, the explorer was off from the beginning. It was not Windows compatible, but served its purpose. Then Explorer New was designed to be fully compatible with the Windows way. So I doubt there will be another new Explorer as long as we keep the 2003 goals. It will likely have updates, but the kind won't change by much since it is much closer to what it needs to be. But yes, if we do change the explorer significantly in the future, I understand that there could be confusion.
Missingno50

Your most wanted feature for the 2019 Hackfest?

Post by Missingno50 »

This entire thread is a fucking mess. And the intent was to keep this thread as alive as possible without necroing it so I wouldn't have to spam a new thread every year, thus I thought "next" would be enough to suffice it. It appears, once again, my idea is not what the moderators think should happen. Honestly, this should be a running gag in some sort of anime.
"We are going to have to act, if we want to live in a different world."
Proud owner of one semi-modern ROS compatible computer. I hope to make an industry out of selling ROS compatibles the moment 0.5.0 releases.
Missingno50

Re: Your most wanted feature for the 2019 Hackfest?

Post by Missingno50 »

This thread reeks of hijacking everywhere... Please get back to the topic at hand...
"We are going to have to act, if we want to live in a different world."
Proud owner of one semi-modern ROS compatible computer. I hope to make an industry out of selling ROS compatibles the moment 0.5.0 releases.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

I don't know any anime feeling that sorry about itself to need such a "gag". And I know MANY animes!

BACK TO TOPIC! Ah and... BACK TO NORMAL LANGUAGE!!
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
wildschwein

Post by wildschwein »

My wish would be a full working USB Port and working sound on real hardware (at least one common sound chip)

the more important in my opinion ist SOUND

Why ?
Because of GAMES ! This could make ROS more famous, even when it's compatible with old DOS Games without emulator...