Can You Install You Old Programs?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Supernaut

Can You Install You Old Programs?

Post by Supernaut »

HI!

I used to use a Program Called Ulead Photoimpact Can I Install it on the ReactOS Live CD?
If so How?

Thanks
Supernaut
dizt3mp3r

Re: Can You Install You Old Programs?

Post by dizt3mp3r »

You can install 'you' (sic) old programs but not on the live CD. You would have to make 'you' own image from an install and then create an ISO and/or burn it to disc. It might be better to test/build in a virtual environment.

You do know ReactOS is in Alpha and what that means?
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
PurpleGurl

Re: Can You Install You Old Programs?

Post by PurpleGurl »

I think it will be a challenge to install it while using the Live CD, since it won't copy to your CD while you are using it. Live CD is intended just for testing at the moment (and the whole thing to be honest). So you'd likely want to install ReactOS and then install your programs. On really old programs, installation is often not required. Just go to the folder on whatever media and run the executable from there.

And you might need to run our NTVDM (enter "command" to get there to run "command.com" like in DOS).