Will File Sharing be implemented soon?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

tony101010

Will File Sharing be implemented soon?

Post by tony101010 »

Will File Sharing be implemented soon? I ask because I would write a file sharing extension for explorer but I don't want to waste my time if someone is working on it already.
Zombiedeth

Re: Will File Sharing be implemented soon?

Post by Zombiedeth »

I wouldn't expect that feature anytime soon.
Quim

Post by Quim »

tony101010 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:11 am Will File Sharing be implemented soon? I ask because I would write a file sharing extension for explorer but I don't want to waste my time if someone is working on it already.
You should write it if you have the oportunity to contribute by coding and test it in ROS.
Don`t forget to licence it under GPL v3.

As I know there is no file sharing in ROS explorer....
Maybe some developer could answer that....
Also ask in IRC.
https://www.reactos.org/irc

What features exactly do you have in mind for this new improvement to ReactOS explorer?
ThFabba
Developer

Post by ThFabba »

tony101010 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:11 am Will File Sharing be implemented soon? I ask because I would write a file sharing extension for explorer but I don't want to waste my time if someone is working on it already.
I'm not sure what you're considering for the functionality of this extension. Could you elaborate?
The explorer part of file sharing is mostly complete in ROS -- for example VBox/VMware shared folders work fine. It's the kernel-mode piece for SMB support that's missing.
Quim wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:27 am Don`t forget to licence it under GPL v3.
That's your personal opinion. We're fine with v2 (and "v2 or later" is probably the most common in our code base).