[CALL] "Reactiving" the World. Designs

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Yuuik_2

Re: [CALL] "Reactiving" the World. Designs

Post by Yuuik_2 »

it isnt a pokemon, it is kyubey from magical shoujo madoka^^
inf_loop

Post by inf_loop »

A little offtopic but anyway FWIW... I think we need a cute mascot, cute mascots sell!!!! but our developers are far too serious to like these ideas :D
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

<serious> well feel free to make some mascot ideas, but don't dare to make a atom with arms and legs on it... </serious>
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
gonzoMD

Post by gonzoMD »

EmuandCo wrote:<serious> well feel free to make some mascot ideas, but don't dare to make a atom with arms and legs on it... </serious>
Reacty FTW!!! :D
livestrong2109

Post by livestrong2109 »

Well here is one of the better ones you'll see today...

[ external image ]

Wallpaper Download: http://leleog.com/ect/roswallpaper.jpg
Wesley Howard
ROS Contributor - Web Developer
Jedi-to-be

Post by Jedi-to-be »

inf_loop

Post by inf_loop »

I love her, will use as a wallpaper on my PC :3
Murmur

Post by Murmur »

I love anime and I bet I have seen more searies than you but in all honesty do you think I can present that to my boss and go "this is the new operating system we should think about deploying"

she looks like she is from a project of a bunch of teens and it is not giving a professional aura for this project.
inf_loop

Post by inf_loop »

Good point Murmur, but there should be different marketing strategies for different people. For example, to home users I think that a friendly image is a good thing. However, as you have said, to business it is a completely different matter altogether. Promotional material should be designed with these things in mind.
Pisarz

Post by Pisarz »

I think that this isn't that bad idea as you think. It's an OS-tan, and if I'm not wrong, every OS-tan presents an imature anime girl, so adult ROS-tan wouldn't fit the conception of OS-tan anyway, would she?
DOSGuy

Post by DOSGuy »

Murmur wrote:I love anime and I bet I have seen more searies than you but in all honesty do you think I can present that to my boss and go "this is the new operating system we should think about deploying"
It's a bit early to be worrying about that anyway. Getting businesses to install Firefox was a much easier sell because it was just a piece of software. If it didn't work or people didn't like it, they could always use IE instead. If it turned out to somehow harm the company, they could just uninstall it.

ReactOS is an operating system, and no business is going to switch to it until it has rock-solid stability and 100% compatibility. An OS that doesn't work can prevent critical software from working. Any downtime is lost money. If you find that it has a huge security hole, you can't just casually uninstall it and go back to using Windows in 2 minutes. Choosing an OS is a major commitment.

Know your audience. In the near future, ReactOS is only going to be the primary operating system on the computers of individuals, not businesses. We will never have the manpower to seek and destroy security holes that Microsoft has, so for security reasons alone, large businesses will probably never use ReactOS. At this point in time, anime-loving nerds are precisely our audience. We're looking for nerds who like to mess around with experimental software and have a test rig so they can play with ReactOS without screwing over their primary computer.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article. Get free BeOS, DOS, OS/2, and Windows games at RGB Classic Games.
postscripter

Post by postscripter »

I'm not a photoshop master, but...)))

[ external image ]
manuel

Re: [CALL] "Reactiving" the World. DESIGNs [/CALL]

Post by manuel »

SomeGuy wrote:Great Scott! Here is one for the lulz:

[ external image ]

Will ReactOS be ready by 2015? Or will a copy mysteriously surface in 1985 rewriting future history? This is heavy!
nice 8-)
manuel

Post by manuel »

Murmur wrote:Birth of ROS
Goku & SpirtROS
[ external image ]
:lol: