Is it true: A german bank would sponsor ReactOS?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

zed260

Re: Is it true: A german bank would sponsor ReactOS?

Post by zed260 »

just add plus to email address example zed260@gmail.com zed260+1@gmail.com zed260+2@gmail.com etc of course i dont endorse this and recommend against and im not doing it myself
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

mrugiero wrote:
PurpleGurl wrote:761, 6886
I gave 7 votes a while ago, I thought I gave them all but I was just confirming the same again and again (not german reader).
That is one reason to use Chrome, it can translate automatically, though just in text and not in graphics and buttons. I am glad to see we are back in the game.

Rang 404 Stimmen 7.669

Update, the game appears to be over and we ended with 8015 votes. They are tallying things now.
Colin Finck
Developer

Post by Colin Finck »

Looking at https://verein.ing-diba.de/sonstiges/33 ... schland-ev, we have scored the 810th place in the tough competition and just won 1000 EUR for the foundation! :-)

Even if we lost our position in the top of the list, comparable German Open-Source foundations like KDE e.V. or Free Software Foundation Europe are both out of the game.

I'd like to use this opportunity to thank every voter for the great support towards the project! Over 8000 votes in four weeks really shows that we still have a huge fan base.

Best regards,

Colin
Yaraslau

Post by Yaraslau »

Colin Finck wrote:I'd like to use this opportunity to thank every voter for the great support towards the project! Over 8000 votes in four weeks really shows that we still have a huge fan base.
Next time we will occupy at least #50. :) Why not...
Witch

Post by Witch »

Next time at least #1.

ReactOS didn't involve outsiders early enough! So that we could plan and discuss various strategies in advance together as a coordinated team. This time things went like wild wild west. :(
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

Witch wrote:Next time at least #1.

ReactOS didn't involve outsiders early enough! So that we could plan and discuss various strategies in advance together as a coordinated team. This time things went like wild wild west. :(
Agreed. I do wonder if maybe "sniping" should be the approach. That is what people do on eBay. They wait to close to the end and then hit very hard. So we prep everyone in advance. But with outsiders, we should probably take it when then are willing to give it. I don't know, but I do believe you are right. We need a coordinated system.
Aeneas

Post by Aeneas »

We fought fairly, and won. I really think we did this well enough. This is ReactOS. All you are geeks, because you even know the name! And from all geeks, here are the most excentric ones. So you cannot expect to easily mobilize "the masses", though I must say, taking all that, we have a very good score...

What completely stuns me is #10: "Verein der Wellensittich-Freunde Deutschland (VWFD) e. V." - i.e., the "Association of the Friends of Budgerigars"... I mean, WTF?!
mrugiero

Post by mrugiero »

PurpleGurl wrote:
mrugiero wrote:
PurpleGurl wrote:761, 6886
I gave 7 votes a while ago, I thought I gave them all but I was just confirming the same again and again (not german reader).
That is one reason to use Chrome, it can translate automatically, though just in text and not in graphics and buttons. I am glad to see we are back in the game.

Rang 404 Stimmen 7.669

Update, the game appears to be over and we ended with 8015 votes. They are tallying things now.
Yes, I used Chromium this time to check what I was doing :lol:
Sof_T

Post by Sof_T »

PurpleGurl wrote:We need a coordinated system.
I would say this was pretty coordinated considering it was the first time a request like this has been made. Sending a P.M. to all members here was a good start. There are probably lessons to learn if this sort of event ever took place again, but I'm impressed by the number of votes that flooded in.
internetmarketer

Post by internetmarketer »

Nice stuff. Next time we can take number one. 8-)
jorge1987

Post by jorge1987 »

I make 9 Votes (I have 3 actives mails).

So... 0.25 EUR are for me? xD

Congratulations to all who make this project goes on!!

Best Regards.
Jorge Abreu.
"No te des por vencido ni aun vencido"
jorgeabreu.blogspot.com
desarolloylinux.blogspot.com
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

Sof_T wrote:
PurpleGurl wrote:We need a coordinated system.
I would say this was pretty coordinated considering it was the first time a request like this has been made. Sending a P.M. to all members here was a good start. There are probably lessons to learn if this sort of event ever took place again, but I'm impressed by the number of votes that flooded in.
I agree. We had to test the waters. It is about like programming. You first put forth the effort, then test it, then debug and/or optimize it.