ReactOS Logo Concept

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

bntser

ReactOS Logo Concept

Post by bntser »

I never intended to share this when I started, but it turned out so well I decided to post it :)
React OS may not need a new logo, but I figured there was no harm in sharing my idea.

[ external image ]

What do you think? If anyone thinks it is worth it, I'll work on it some more. I'll post the .svg source if anyone wants it.
GlennLChugg

Re: ReactOS Logo Concept

Post by GlennLChugg »

Not enough color for my taste and as it's a mid gray, it would be unusable on many surfaces. You may need to add a glow/shadow or contrasting edge or something to make it more logo friendly (a logo can be used on any surface with only minor colorization changes (usually)).
bntser

Post by bntser »

@Glenn Thanks for the input! I guess I didn't put much thought into the colors. This was more of a gray-scale "sketch" of my idea. I'm going to work on color when I get a chance, and I'll test it out on all sorts of backgrounds ;)

I also forgot to mention in my first post, the text used is just a default font. What it really needs is some custom typography, but I'll leave that for another time.
GlennLChugg

Post by GlennLChugg »

Glad your accepting feedback, now I know you can, here's what I really wanted to say:

Another major problem is that exclamation marks can also be considered a caution! <- see

I do like the atomic path effect, just not sure about the exclaim.
bntser

Post by bntser »

Hmm... didn't think of that either. My point was to emphasize the 'reaction', but maybe this could be done some other way. Do you think that a less prominent "!" would still be a problem?

From what I understand the devs don't want a new logo, so I may not try to come up with another idea, or even work on this one. If there is any interest (I definitely think there is a need) I could try to work on other ideas, but if there is someone more experienced they should work on this rather than me.
GlennLChugg

Post by GlennLChugg »

Saibamen

Post by Saibamen »

@GlennLChugg: wow! awesome :)) I really like it
ReactOS Forum Global Moderator
IT-Maniak.pl administrator
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

Sorry for thread resurrecting, but I just stumbled upon this and it looks really good! This is something that could be used for some developmental builds or experimental builds of ReactOS when it reaches more stable state, so that everybody would notice that certain build is a bit more "lab-like" :-)
darkdoomer

Post by darkdoomer »

thanks for the inspiration, it gave me the idea to make one. pretty much... abstract. but the atom idea catches me.
[ external image ]
full view : 1000x1000 http://darkdoomer.deviantart.com/#/d4rweyj ...might also upload a white version and the high resolution png's (4kx4k) ;)
milon

Post by milon »

Ooh, very nice! :)