It's that thread again

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

andrewweb

It's that thread again

Post by andrewweb »

I suppose we can realistically debate/suggest/create a ReactOS default theme now? Or perhaps a selection.

As you know, ROS 0.3.14 has theming support (patchy in places yes, but it works). So, let's make a theme!
milon

Re: It's that thread again

Post by milon »

If we're going to do that then someone needs to make a pie theme. :D
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

As already said x times, we need a legal theme. There's no use for us if someone packs all images into a zip and expects us to patch a Microsoft file ourselves. No wine skeleton, no theme.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
naums

Post by naums »

For a try if theming works correctly, one could just put the classic "theme" into a themefile and use it on Ros. Everything more than that is overkill. Maybe you could open up a branch, but I don't see the point in Ros having great and perfect und futuristic and 10 GB of themes if I can't start Opera or simply install my graphics card with device Manager. Thanks.

Regards Naums
andrewweb

Post by andrewweb »

naums wrote:For a try if theming works correctly, one could just put the classic "theme" into a themefile and use it on Ros. Everything more than that is overkill. Maybe you could open up a branch, but I don't see the point in Ros having great and perfect und futuristic and 10 GB of themes if I can't start Opera or simply install my graphics card with device Manager. Thanks.

Regards Naums
Theming already works! There's plenty of screenshots if you bother to look.

And perhaps you can't start Opera, but I'm pretty sure installing graphics drivers works, and Firefox 10 certainly does.
andrewweb

Post by andrewweb »

EmuandCo wrote:As already said x times, we need a legal theme. There's no use for us if someone packs all images into a zip and expects us to patch a Microsoft file ourselves. No wine skeleton, no theme.
...wine skeleton?
hto
Developer

Post by hto »