Bump

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

g_hansrueck

Bump

Post by g_hansrueck »

How is the Drupal transition progressing ?

I am especially interested in which way the suggested site designs are going to be deployed.
The playground looks pretty much the same to me as now - won't we be changing the design directly ?

ghans
vicmarcal
Test Team

Re: Bump

Post by vicmarcal »

Hi!
This is going to be done in two different stages.
1)Integration and RosCMS to DrupalCMS migration.
During this stage, the ReactOS Website Developers are integrating our current tools under Drupal. That means a lot of work as we should share the Database among Drupal,PhpBB Forum, Bugzilla tracker, Wiki page, etc...

2)Redesigning.
After the under-tubes are finished we will face the creation of a new design. It 'll be easier as we have all the content linked.It's just a matter of customization and modding....and finding a Designer!

Stage 1 is going slowly because the lack of Drupal devs. For now just Cyclegeek and Niski are working in this enormous task.
Anyone willing to help?
Bond007s

Post by Bond007s »

I can help. Just send me a message. I will check in. I am kinda busy but have Drupal experience. I was the web designer for a local school district before changing jobs recently. I changed before the switch was made and now I believe they are going third party design. I have Drupal 6 and 7 experience. Just let me know who and where to get in touch. I will help where I can between busy life. I can do PHP and have designed a theme partly based on an old HTML free design. I had everything designed within Drupal 6 and was converting to Drupal 7 before releasing anything. It has been several months since doing any design, although I just got a new customer for side business.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Bond007s wrote:I can help. Just send me a message. I will check in. I am kinda busy but have Drupal experience. I was the web designer for a local school district before changing jobs recently. I changed before the switch was made and now I believe they are going third party design. I have Drupal 6 and 7 experience. Just let me know who and where to get in touch. I will help where I can between busy life. I can do PHP and have designed a theme partly based on an old HTML free design. I had everything designed within Drupal 6 and was converting to Drupal 7 before releasing anything. It has been several months since doing any design, although I just got a new customer for side business.
Hi Bond007!Glad to see you want to help! :)
You can't imagine how important is having the new site done.It's stopping a lot of new changes...
Could you come to #reactos or #reactos-web in Freenode IRC?Please contact there with "Aminekhaldi" or "niski"(or me), and we can talk about all the details. There is already a lot of work done but we need the last push ;)
Hope to see you there!And thanks a lot!

PS: To connect to IRC you can use Mozilla Firefox Plugin called "Chatzilla" or even using a website ( webchat.freenode.net)