"One Piece"
23%
"Non-mainstream"
20%

Total votes: 35

Dave3434

Re: Poll: New icon set for the next major release of ReactOS

Post by Dave3434 »

i like 98/xp icons best but i don't mind having vista/7 icons as a choice :)
alfanak.net

Post by alfanak.net »

Dave3434 wrote:i like 98/xp icons best but i don't mind having vista/7 icons as a choice :)
+1
Pisarz

Post by Pisarz »

Dave3434 wrote:i like 98/xp icons best but i don't mind having vista/7 icons as a choice :)
Copyright forbids us to use icons from Windows.

I'd personally suggest Token icon pack which is quite complete and author of it made psd files public for people to make their own icons that are "compatible" from designers point of view (I forgot a word for it, I hope you understand what's on my mind).

http://brsev.deviantart.com/art/Token-128429570
Dave3434

Post by Dave3434 »

are you kidding we can't even use the icons from 98/xp i'm so sick of microsoft BS. man that really burns me. :( :evil:
Dave3434

Post by Dave3434 »

i'm not mad at Pisarz just mad at microsoft.
ironek69

Post by ironek69 »

Maybe someone could create Reactos Transformation Pack? So that we could use W7 icons easily
Dave3434

Post by Dave3434 »

Maybe someone could create Reactos Transformation Pack? So that we could use W7 icons easily
good idea :)
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Well, it wont be propagated in any way by us of course because of its illegal nature...
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
fulea.stefan

Post by fulea.stefan »

Pisarz wrote:I'd personally suggest Token icon pack which is quite complete and author of it made psd files public for people to make their own icons that are "compatible" from designers point of view (I forgot a word for it, I hope you understand what's on my mind).

http://brsev.deviantart.com/art/Token-128429570
As descriptive as that "Token" icon set might be with it's minimalistic style, it constrasts heavily with both Windows's and with the icons of the existing application pool. I'm skeptical about the fact that that kind of contrast would be much appreciated by the common user. The designer's call for others (which is the rest of the world) to make for their existing application icons compatible with Token is just unrealistic.
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Dave3434 wrote:are you kidding we can't even use the icons from 98/xp i'm so sick of microsoft BS. man that really burns me. :( :evil:
Learn more about copyright law. Seriously. Your rants against Microsoft are not productive and are ignoring the fact that the same laws that grant Microsoft ownership of what they create is the foundation on which licenses like the GPL and BSD are based upon. Just as this project and its members have the right to assert ownership over code it produces, so too does Microsoft and other companies have the right to assert ownership over things they create.
Dave3434

Post by Dave3434 »

but i don't agree with microsoft laws if i had to pay $200 to $300 for software then i went to share it with my family and friends and modify it to my needs and pass it on. i'm saying anything about bad reactos and it's cause i respect reactos and it's team. and microsoft does share a dark if you know what i mean, again just because i bash microsoft alittle doesn't mean i'm bashing ros. :) ;)
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Again, it's not 'Microsoft' law. It's copyright law, which is drafted, passed, and enforced by the government of whatever country you live in. Microsoft is under no obligation to let you do any of the things you described. We, the ReactOS project, are not under any obligation to let you do what you've described. We have chosen to do so. Microsoft has chosen not to. As the creator of the software in question, it is our right to choose how much freedom a user has to tinker/copy the software we created. To enforce/preserve either choice, we are both relying on the same laws.
Dave3434

Post by Dave3434 »

what about linux??
Dave3434

Post by Dave3434 »

and i live in the u.s last time i checked Europe sued microsoft for locking other companies out to run there programs out check out this video.
http://youtu.be/9cQRFH57864
Dave3434

Post by Dave3434 »

forget my comments.