ReactOS Design

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

STech

ReactOS Design

Post by STech »

Hi.
So reactOS designs is being formed into somewhat a windows vista + xp or vista + 7 type of thing.

hopefully reactOS staff will see this forum topic.

Maybe ReactOS should take suggestions from its users and developers, we could give design suggestions instead of dealing something like latus... mind you latus is nice (sorry if I haven't got the name right xD)

so yeah. I will probably make a design of my own for ReactOS but only when i know that the suggestion has been accepted.
hbelusca
Developer

Re: ReactOS Design

Post by hbelusca »

STech wrote:Hi.
Hi :)
STech wrote:So reactOS designs is being formed into somewhat a windows vista + xp or vista + 7 type of thing.
Is it a question or an affirmation ? Design == Operating system architecture or visual style ? Otherwise, the ROS architecture follows Windows Server 2003, the default visual style is the one of windows 2000 / 2k3.
STech wrote: Maybe ReactOS should take suggestions from its users and developers, we could give design suggestions instead of dealing something like latus... mind you latus is nice (sorry if I haven't got the name right xD)

so yeah. I will probably make a design of my own for ReactOS but only when i know that the suggestion has been accepted.
Ok, it was about the visual style. As for lautus style, you can design your own, which should work under windows 2k3 too (see how the lautus style was created: see forums there...)
Pisarz

Re: ReactOS Design

Post by Pisarz »

@STech,
Don't wait for things to happen, make it happen.

Developers have no time for doing such stuff, like designing etc. And about suggestions. If you have some, about the design, Lautus and stuff like that, just let me know.