Control Box Double Click to close Window ?

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

andreissoft

Control Box Double Click to close Window ?

Post by andreissoft »

Hello, everybody.

Some of you probably read my other post on this (in other forums), so sorry for repeating myself.

Wouldn't it be nice if ReactOS had a function that closes the window when its controlbox is double-clicked ?
This used to be the way to close windows in Win 3.11 and it still works in Windows 8 - albeit there are no control-boxes anymore.
Should one click the corner where the controlbox used to be in Windows Vista and above, the window closes. Even more, when a single click
is made onto the controlbox or the controlbox placeholder in Win Vista and above, the controlbox menu pops out just like in Windows XP and older.

What do you think about this ?
Webunny

Re: Control Box Double Click to close Window ?

Post by Webunny »

andreissoft wrote:Hello, everybody.

Some of you probably read my other post on this (in other forums), so sorry for repeating myself.

Wouldn't it be nice if ReactOS had a function that closes the window when its controlbox is double-clicked ?
This used to be the way to close windows in Win 3.11 and it still works in Windows 8 - albeit there are no control-boxes anymore.
Should one click the corner where the controlbox used to be in Windows Vista and above, the window closes. Even more, when a single click
is made onto the controlbox or the controlbox placeholder in Win Vista and above, the controlbox menu pops out just like in Windows XP and older.

What do you think about this ?
If it's also in win XP, I think it will be implemented sooner or later. But I don't think it's a priority for the devs. But could be one decides to implement it anyhow, everything is possible.
andreissoft

Post by andreissoft »

Well, of course it shouldn't be a priority :) One must first build the house, then fit it with windows... Still, i saw that no one observed this and wanted this feature to be known.
justincase

Post by justincase »

andreissoft wrote:What do you think about this ?
I think it's a bug, and that it's been reported before, any help you can give about it should be directed to the bug report. (CORE-3269)
I reserve the right to ignore any portion of any post if I deem it not constructive or likely to cause the discussion to degenerate.
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

According to what one of the developers wrote in the bug comments, the code closing the window on double-click on the control box is present and working, but the information about double-click is lost somewhere on the way to control box. They are looking into it.
justincase

Post by justincase »

Black_Fox wrote:They are looking into it.
And hopefully they fix it soon, cause I keep double clicking up there and all I get is the application menu :'-(
I reserve the right to ignore any portion of any post if I deem it not constructive or likely to cause the discussion to degenerate.
gonzoMD

Post by gonzoMD »

Jim Tabor is working on it ATM, so stay tuned!
justincase

Post by justincase »

Yes, thanks.
But I have to admit that once this annoyance disappears I'm going to start complaining about missing keyboard shortcuts ;) (jk :P)