Version 0.4 and others ?'s

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

Pi_User5

Re: Version 0.4 and others ?'s

Post by Pi_User5 »

This would be a good tutorial for the wiki.
Agreed!
I use ReactOS on real hardware. Will you? My Computers: https://www.reactos.org/wiki/PC_ROS_Rigs Go all the way to the bottom.

[ external image ]
ekohl
Developer

Post by ekohl »

oldman wrote:What I have read about the "Multiuser/Logon System", is, that it is turned off by default in the trunk builds, but will be on in the releases. So you should have to create and use passwords in the up-coming 0.4 release.
The "Multiuser/Logon System" is not turned off, the "AutoAdminLogon" is turned on by default. You can run regedit.exe, open the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" key and change the value "AutoAdminLogon" from "1" to "0"(Zero). Close regedit. Next, you can create a new user account using the "User Accounts" control panel application and set a password for the new user. Reboot, press "Ctrl+Alt+Del" and log-on using the new account name and password. Voila! You are no loger an admin but an ordinary user.

Please note that "Logoff" does not work properly yet. You must "Reboot" instead. I will fix the missing parts when I return to the logon stuff. Right now, I just have to do something entirely different. ;-)
oldman

Post by oldman »

@ekohl,
Thanks for the clarification; I stand corrected.
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
Pi_User5

Post by Pi_User5 »

This would probably not let me log onto a domain still. Right?
I use ReactOS on real hardware. Will you? My Computers: https://www.reactos.org/wiki/PC_ROS_Rigs Go all the way to the bottom.

[ external image ]
ekohl
Developer

Post by ekohl »

Pi_User5 wrote:This would probably not let me log onto a domain still. Right?
Exactly. We need a least usable DHCP and DNS server services and a usable RPC over TCP/IP transport to implement logon with a domain controller. It will take while until we are ready for this step.
Pi_User5

Post by Pi_User5 »

I activated it and it works. Now, if only I could delete users.

[ external image ]