ClipboardManager v1 - Your Copy/Paste Manager!

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

Alanga13

ClipboardManager v1 - Your Copy/Paste Manager!

Post by Alanga13 »

ClipboardManager v1

What is ClipboardManager?

- ClipboardManager is a simple but very useful app that will help you have a better experience when using the clipboard, it is designed to be efficient and intuitive without sacrificing any feature.

Why use it?

- ClipboardManager saves all your copied data into the app so whether you copy multiple things they will always stay in the app, whether they are text, images, links, smilies, or simple documents, CBM stores everything in a smart way.

Main Features

- Automatically stores your copied data(text, images, links, etc...)
- It gives you a simple and robust interface to manage everything.
- It is optimized to use minimum resources.
- It lets the user select what to use and what to delete in the app.
- It continues working in the background also when the user closes it, it goes into the taskbar as an icon.
- URL auto detection.
- Search Function
- Possibility to enable or disable the edition of the content of the app for security reasons.
- Starts with the O.S.
And many more features to come, suggestions are always welcomed.

Features in Development

- .mp3 and video detection
- .mp3 playaback in the app

Download: Coming Soon...
Webunny

Re: ClipboardManager v1 - Your Copy/Paste Manager!

Post by Webunny »

Alanga13 wrote:ClipboardManager v1

What is ClipboardManager?

- ClipboardManager is a simple but very useful app that will help you have a better experience when using the clipboard, it is designed to be efficient and intuitive without sacrificing any feature.

Why use it?

- ClipboardManager saves all your copied data into the app so whether you copy multiple things they will always stay in the app, whether they are text, images, links, smilies, or simple documents, CBM stores everything in a smart way.

Main Features

- Automatically stores your copied data(text, images, links, etc...)
- It gives you a simple and robust interface to manage everything.
- It is optimized to use minimum resources.
- It lets the user select what to use and what to delete in the app.
- It continues working in the background also when the user closes it, it goes into the taskbar as an icon.
- URL auto detection.
- Search Function
- Possibility to enable or disable the edition of the content of the app for security reasons.
- Starts with the O.S.
And many more features to come, suggestions are always welcomed.

Features in Development

- .mp3 and video detection
- .mp3 playaback in the app

Download: Coming Soon...

And that was your earlier post that was removed and then you got banned?

Hmm.

Yeah, quite possible it was regarded as spam. Then again, the prog doesn't seem to be commercial in nature.
Alanga13

Post by Alanga13 »

Yes, this was kind of the post i did and got banned. I am not planning to make this a whole commercial prog, i just want to help ReactOS and look forward if they would like to implement this idea into the OS or something. As i know and have a decent degree of programming languages i was just trying to help :)
Webunny

Post by Webunny »

Alanga13 wrote:Yes, this was kind of the post i did and got banned. I am not planning to make this a whole commercial prog, i just want to help ReactOS and look forward if they would like to implement this idea into the OS or something. As i know and have a decent degree of programming languages i was just trying to help :)
Including C and C++?
Alanga13

Post by Alanga13 »

Yep, this is developed in C#, i started in vb.net but then switched to it.
Webunny

Post by Webunny »

Alanga13 wrote:Yep, this is developed in C#, i started in vb.net but then switched to it.
https://www.reactos.org/node/785

8-)
gonzoMD

Post by gonzoMD »

Alanga13 wrote:Yep, this is developed in C#, i started in vb.net but then switched to it.
C# is not usable for ReactOS, you should code in C(++), sorry.
justincase

Post by justincase »

Ofcourse nothing is preventing you from making this a win32 app with whatever language you want and running it on ReactOS, though C# apps are not likely to work very well yet as the .net framework doesn't install properly (in my testing).
However as far as having it become part of the OS, as gonzoMD says, C/C++ (and asm where necessary) only.
I reserve the right to ignore any portion of any post if I deem it not constructive or likely to cause the discussion to degenerate.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Mono sorta works, but this does not change our rules. We only include what we can build by GCC/Mingw-w64, LLVM and MSVC.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
erkinalp

Post by erkinalp »

Reimplement it in Vala. It compiles into C, which we can build using RosBE. For GObject stuff, a modified Vala standard library targeting WinAPI will cope with that.
-uses Ubuntu+GNOME 3 GNU/Linux
-likes Free (as in freedom) and Open Source Detergents
-favors open source of Windows 10 under GPL2
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Or he can create in any language he decides and we just link it from Rapps if it qorks in ReactOS :)
Alanga13

Post by Alanga13 »

I am going to continue developing and post a preview here, so someone could test if it works in ReactOS so to know to continue or not.
Thanks vic
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Alanga13 wrote:I am going to continue developing and post a preview here, so someone could test if it works in ReactOS so to know to continue or not.
Thanks vic
Even more: if it does not work you will be able to tell us what is exactly failing :)
gonzoMD

Post by gonzoMD »

vicmarcal wrote:
Alanga13 wrote:I am going to continue developing and post a preview here, so someone could test if it works in ReactOS so to know to continue or not.
Thanks vic
Even more: if it does not work you will be able to tell us what is exactly failing :)
I'd guess .net