Wallpapers for ReactOs

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

gamax92

Re: Wallpapers for ReactOs

Post by gamax92 »

Besides that the S and R in ReactOS is not capitalized, and the difference in font, these look really good.

Nice work!
manuel

Post by manuel »

nice wallpapers, but I think that they would very useful if reactos has an interface type "metro" (i don't like this too)
middings

Post by middings »

I prefer the proportion, aspect, and scale of the rings to the ReactOS kern in the ReactOS logo on the upper left of this web page.
jonaspm

Post by jonaspm »

Cool wallpapers, your work is awesome... of course not everyone likes it but it is ok, your work is not a gold coin so everyone likes it :)
komizo

Post by komizo »

Thanks for your comments guys :)
Webunny

Post by Webunny »

komizo wrote:Thanks for your comments guys :)
Yep, pretty cool.

I especially like the first, 5th and last one (at least, concerning the background).

It's a pity they weren't in time for the wallpaper-vote, but maybe for the next release...

Or for the 0.4 CRE. I think, for the 0.4, vic had the plan of making a wallpaper vote too, but I didn't hear anything of it anymore, so I don't know if it's still going through.

In the latest REL, there are 3 wallpapers from community members (or at least, brought on and voted by) there, so it has been a mild success. But the problem for adding more and still remaining reasonable in size, is that they are to be BMPs, which is hard on the MB's. Once it's possible to use png or jpg, I think it will become possible to add more than 3-5.

Of course, nothing stops us from replacing the earlier ones with new ones every year. :-)
manuel

Post by manuel »

Webunny

Post by Webunny »

Cool pictures too. In principle I don't see any problem with that, as long as it's public domain or CC-0. (the wallpapers now are also either public domain or cc-0).

Come to think of it...wasn't there a ESO’s Paranal Observatory (public domain) picture of the milky way in a 9-Gigapixel resolution? :twisted:
manuel

Post by manuel »

Webunny wrote:Come to think of it...wasn't there a ESO’s Paranal Observatory (public domain) picture of the milky way in a 9-Gigapixel resolution? :twisted:
perhaps... :D the penultimate photo is genuine, the last don't think so, maybe an artistic representation ;)