STARTING A DESIGN TEAM

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

Ged
Developer

Re: STARTING A DESIGN TEAM

Post by Ged »

xChaos wrote:Like I said before, that's the best I can do with the resources I have. Until I obtain the original image, I can't do much else.
You mean these?
http://svn.reactos.org/svn/reactos/trun ... media/art/
xChaos

Post by xChaos »

Haha!! I didn't know about that...i remember seeing a page with that...but i didn't remember where at. I couldn't find it again. Thanks! On a side note...so I don't double post and get sued by Haos, lol, I'll be updating later again today, so feel free to comment!
Witch

Post by Witch »

Oh yeah xChaos besides the manifesto thing. If you're truly part of the movers and shakers in the Design Team I think it would be good if you put a link to your website/forum in your signature. So that new and like minded people can find you more easily in the future.

Like putting any of these alternatives in your signature or something artistically done:

* http://www.reactosdesign.exofire.net

* ReactOS - Design Team
xChaos

Post by xChaos »

i think i can manage that :D. i'll take one of the "Reactos Tester/Developer/User" etc banners and edit it to include design. I'll link it for anyone to use. I'll update the manifesto thing today. So much to do...not keeping track of time...lol. I'll keep you updated!

cheers.
xChaos

Post by xChaos »

Right then. I've updated, and made a wallpaper!! Whoo!!! It was a quick throw-together, so I can't say it looks the best. But hey, its what i do when i experiment and get bored. Here's the link:

http://www.reactosdesign.exofire.net/fo ... 9&p=12#p12

Comment please (possibly there... :mrgreen: ) and let me know what you think of it!

cheers,
xChaos
Witch

Post by Witch »

This is weird... :? In case you're for real then hey ya to you too. ;)
RideBMX

Post by RideBMX »

Witch wrote:In case you're for real [...]
It's your own post, it's just advertising.
Join a community effort and help the Wiki.
xChaos

Post by xChaos »

What's weird? and its not necessarily advertising...i'm just trying to get a community set up where we can work there. Not to say we can't work here too...
RideBMX

Post by RideBMX »

Not you, a post that has since been deleted.
Join a community effort and help the Wiki.
xChaos

Post by xChaos »

ah. which post? since this is technically a pointless post...i'll be updating again...hoo ha!
betaluva

Post by betaluva »

@Xchaos,so is your site working?
Mr_Histamine

Post by Mr_Histamine »

Well...umm, sorry I've been out of it for a bit; had some unforseen things I needed to take care of.

xChaos: I see you got the webpage up, but I'm unable to access it at the moment. Is it down for good; or are you making changes to it? Also, if you need the original image of the logo I created for the design team, just let me know.
ginjaninja405

Post by ginjaninja405 »

I've been following along with you guys quietly and I'd quite like to help with submitting some designs or helping out here and there. Unfortunately, xChaos, your site is down and I can't access it, it would be great to see that up again. Also, I love the logo that Mr_Histamine did.
Where can I help?

Thanks.
xChaos

Post by xChaos »

Sure! You can help in many ways:

*Submit designs
*submit ideas on more efficient GUI operations
*contribute some freakin' code!
*help maintain the site
*etc

Unfortunately, because of the annoying site host, i have to login every x amount of days, and if i dont, then it screams and shuts the site down. I'd like to make an unfortunate announcement. Since I'm about to start college, I'm not going to be able to work on the site, hardly, if ever, until I can get settled down about. That and the fact that I don't have internet right now ([at a friends house]phone company is being greedy, and i use dialup), so im also, like many people, having lots of financial issues. Witch, if you can take over, feel free. Sorry I haven't replied in a while. I do feel like i've ultimately failed on my goal here. Hopefully i've inspired someone to try and take my place. I'll post and contribute whenever i can.

Cheers.
garetjax

Post by garetjax »

I do not mean to be a troll...however, doesn't taking a design team to another site, creating screenshots and etc defeat the purpose of having a one solution website? To me it is fine to have your own publishing portal for graphics, skins, themes and etc. However, to create graphics for an operating system that is currently in development seems to be counter productive?

Why would forums exist at this website if designers have to maintain yet another link, location and forums somewhere else? I would say that you should contribute that focus here and assist where there is a need for it. To design and be creative within this environment to continue drawing individuals to this website and getting involved in the overall project is the goal I believe.

Additionally, I suppose that if you were to go to outside sources then provide a trackback link to this website and etc. However, as I am a nobody here and very new at that you need not listen to me.

-Garetjax