Re: My Icons

Post by Sof_T »

vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

lupor wrote:What is your "trunk"?
Trunk==repository with ReactOS code.
There we have all the code needed to compile ReactOS,including sounds,images,and (of course)code.
Our repository is open and public, but in order to commit sounds,image or code, you need Fireball´s permission.
Having access to the "trunk" will promote you to "Developer" rol.So you can proudly say you are a "ReactOS developer".
:)
PS: Btw, the best way to show your work(imo) is to create in our Bugzilla a bug called (i.e) "New Icons", and adding there your new icons.This will help you to show your work to our devs(they dont look too much the Forums,they are busy coding,i wish.)
Angelus

Post by Angelus »

lupor: Your icons are quite nice.

Just one suggestion: Try to make them with the same perspective in order to unify a desktop theme.

As you can see in the following sequence of your icons, they do not have the same perspective (look at your Windows XP/Vista/7 desktop icons to compare):
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]

If you don't understand what I want to say, read the following article, as an example, at Haiku-os.org: LINK
lupor

Post by lupor »

Thanks for all the feedback!
vicmarcal wrote:
lupor wrote:What is your "trunk"?
Trunk==repository with ReactOS code.
There we have all the code needed to compile ReactOS,including sounds,images,and (of course)code.
Our repository is open and public, but in order to commit sounds,image or code, you need Fireball´s permission.
Having access to the "trunk" will promote you to "Developer" rol.So you can proudly say you are a "ReactOS developer".
:)
PS: Btw, the best way to show your work(imo) is to create in our Bugzilla a bug called (i.e) "New Icons", and adding there your new icons.This will help you to show your work to our devs(they dont look too much the Forums,they are busy coding,i wish.)
That'd be great. ;)
I will do that, when my icons are more "finished".
Angelus wrote:lupor: Your icons are quite nice.

Just one suggestion: Try to make them with the same perspective in order to unify a desktop theme.

As you can see in the following sequence of your icons, they do not have the same perspective (look at your Windows XP/Vista/7 desktop icons to compare):
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]

If you don't understand what I want to say, read the following article, as an example, at Haiku-os.org: LINK
Thanks a lot for the article, I know the perspective isn't that good right now. That's the next workstep.
Angelus

Post by Angelus »

lupor: You can take a look to some of the icons used in ReactOS at SVN (Do someone know were are located others?). ReactOS uses Tango icon set (Tango Desktop project link).

In the wiki, you can read an article about Icon submission by mf, and two pages about icon candidates from other designers (Page 1 and Page 2).

Good luck. ;)
lupor

Post by lupor »

Here are two Test Icons with a new perspective (similar to the vista/7 one):

CD/DVD:

[ external image ]

HDD (IDE):

[ external image ]
Angelus

Post by Angelus »

They look better.

Go ahead! ;)
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

WAY better. I cant wait to see them in trunk.
gabrielilardi
Moderator Team

Post by gabrielilardi »

lupor wrote:Here are two Test Icons with a new perspective (similar to the vista/7 one)
Nice work, keep them comin' ;)