suggestion to reactos, when the desktop is saturated

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

manuel

suggestion to reactos, when the desktop is saturated

Post by manuel »

Greetings:

In my PC by comfort i have all my temporal work in the desktop, but this is saturate, and no appear the objects that I need, that is not a good practice but it is work to me :), the problem in Windows as I mention, is that when the desktop is saturated no see the rest of the objects, then, in reactos to prevent that problem and not to have to open other file explorer window with desktop path I suggest:

a) reactos notify that there are elements without seeing in the desktop and if we wished then open a window of the files explorer with desktop path to show all items and locate them easily.

b) if there are too many elements in the desktop then this show scrollbars to visualize the extra content.

c) also reactos could notify about that there are elements without seeing in the desktop, but shows an interface similar to the Stacks of mac osx with all items, but sort it in two categories, visible items in the desktop and extra items in the desktop (saturated items).

Greetings.
gonzoMD

Re: suggestion to reactos, when the desktop is saturated

Post by gonzoMD »

I dont know if it is still so, but in the Past ROS had multible Desktops like KDE, so you can open some windows in one and other ones in another desktop, maybe the devs can make it that you have multiple desktops for several objects like one for shortcuts and another one for your temporaly work, that would Be nice, because I have also all my actual work, files, things I get by friends etc. at desktop so it looks like my real desk *LOL*

It would be a nice feature p.e. 3 directories at documents and settings for 3 desktops maybe with an automated functiin to prevent redundant files.
just as suggestion
manuel

Re: suggestion to reactos, when the desktop is saturated

Post by manuel »

I finish to download the version bootcd-46847-dbg but the virtual desktops not work, would be nice to reactos allow remember the last session and all items saved in the virtual desktops, and when reactos reset the user keep all documents in the virtual desktops. thanks for the suggestion.