UnxUtils

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

manuel

UnxUtils

Post by manuel »

Greetings:

I found some applications that take the commands of linux to Windows in the console, are interesting and they give an air him of linux to Windows, serious attractive if they were used in reactos, but I do not have left very clear the license, can see them, is called UnxUtils (http://sourceforge.net/projects/unxutils/), do not specify the license directly, but i download the sources I see that apparently the license varies according to each command, not if this serious recommendable or if they know some other alternative who can be used in reactos and to add but functions to him, thanks for the explanation.
mrugiero

Re: UnxUtils

Post by mrugiero »

If I'm not wrong, sourceforge is for free software only.
mrugiero

Post by mrugiero »

It needs the Microsoft C-runtime (msvcrt.dll), which I don't know if it has a free substitute or something.

Sorry for doubleposting, I don't know how to edit.
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

We use the free WINE-based implementation of msvcrt. You should try to run this package yourself and see if it works. If there are problems, please report the bug.
manuel

Post by manuel »

good news, I finish of download the version bootcd-47551-dbg and send the content of the folder with exe files to reactos using folder2iso, consequently they appear as a CD-ROM, these exe files work!!!, I did not test all (ls, sleep, pwd, but others as man not work), in addition the connection to Internet we have by proxy and not know about that virtualbox connect to internet, letter i test with direct connection to see if all work well, I I suggest implement some of these commandos in reactos to add but functions, for example compressing and decompressing files from the command line without have to install some programs, greetings.