development of gnome in reactos

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

krishnaswami.kaushik

development of gnome in reactos

Post by krishnaswami.kaushik »

I'm eagerly interested to know whether there are technical bottlenecks which prevent the development of gnome in an ntos type of platform such as the cygnome, greengnome, etc.
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: development of gnome in reactos

Post by EmuandCo »

Only bottleneck is the need of spare time, which we dont have, to do so.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
RaptorEmperor

Re: development of gnome in reactos

Post by RaptorEmperor »

I'm not familiar with Cygnome, so I don't know how much progress they made in bringing Gnome to Windows. All the info I see on Google is spotty. In regards to GreenGnome,it's basically just a UI for Windows, rather than an actual port of Gnome into Windows. Gnome is cross-platform, but I've only seen it on Unix-based OSes, so I'm not sure what issues there might be in bringing Gnome to Windows. I wouldn't mind seeing Gnome on Windows, myself, either, but I don't know of any teams working on it. :P

ReactOS is working towards building a free, open-source clone of Windows, so Gnome on Windows is really out of the scope of this project. Your questions regarding Gnome might be better answered at the Gnome project's forums. http://gnomesupport.org/forums/ Hope that helps.