A fresh face...

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

Swyter
Location: Spain ← Europe ← Planet Earth ← Milky Way ← Universe

A fresh face...

Post by Swyter »

Hi there. Found ReactOS by the banner in Tuts4u. Created a Virtualbox machine and, great. Good job.
I got inspired to create the following. Don't ask me why.

[ external image ]

Just saw the rest of designs over here and some of them looks plainly unrealistic. So intuitively I opted for a simplified version of everything.
I thought it would be a good idea to post it here. Even for a 7 min. sketched concept.

Here you have the complete image. Let me know if you want to elaborate it more.
Please respect the authoring.

Swyter

Re: A fresh face...

Post by Swyter »

[ external image ]
Fast clearer version for Desktop Edition.

Full image here.
External patch contributor for ux/user-mode/l10n/winapi. Sometimes I fix a bit of everything everywhere.
spoons

Post by spoons »

That looks really good, can you use white instead of grey and see what kind of look that gives? :)
luluthefirst

Post by luluthefirst »

It's Alpha version, not Beta version ;)
Saibamen

Post by Saibamen »

Why Server is dark?
ReactOS Forum Global Moderator
IT-Maniak.pl administrator
Swyter

Post by Swyter »

Thanks for the feedback. Here's some further work. Hope you like it.
Toke me very little time.

[ external image ]
External patch contributor for ux/user-mode/l10n/winapi. Sometimes I fix a bit of everything everywhere.
SuperDog
Translation Team

Post by SuperDog »

Dull and uninteresting. Invest some time in it as quick sketches rarely look good.
Swyter

Post by Swyter »

SuperDog wrote:Dull and uninteresting. Invest some time in it as quick sketches rarely look good.
I see. Thanks for your constructive [s]feedback[/s] criticism and warm welcome.
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

For some reason I've found that quite a few of the graphics designers associated with the project have very acidic responses to newbies.
Swyter

Post by Swyter »

Z98 wrote:For some reason I've found that quite a few of the graphics designers associated with the project have very acidic responses to newbies.
That makes me feel a little better.
I don't entirely understand why he comes with such an aggressive reply when I'm just trying to help a little with my 2 cents. Scare me away?
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

I don't entirely understand why he comes with such an aggressive reply when I'm just trying to help a little with my 2 cents. Scare me away?
He often does so. Who knows, why?..
greenie

Post by greenie »

I do like the logo.

Though I don't like the background.

Look forward to seeing some future work.
SuperDog
Translation Team

Post by SuperDog »

Swyter mate, I'm blunt but for a reason. Tell me what did you expect from a 7min sketch?
What I see is a simple two colour gradient, some text, an orb-like thing that shows some promise and that's pretty much it. Apart from that, choice of colours is poor and the image contrast is very bad.

I'm a professional web developer and software engineer with a high regard for quality. I do admire good work when I see it, but yours is simply not one. Perhaps it could be if you really wanted to.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

SuperDog wrote:Swyter mate, I'm blunt but for a reason. Tell me what did you expect from a 7min sketch?
What I see is a simple two colour gradient, some text, an orb-like thing that shows some promise and that's pretty much it. Apart from that, choice of colours is poor and the image contrast is very bad.

I'm a professional web developer and software engineer with a high regard for quality. I do admire good work when I see it, but yours is simply not one. Perhaps it could be if you really wanted to.
But you have to admit, that its a good idea and nice start for a "fresh face"
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
Smiley
Developer

Post by Smiley »

Hi Swyter!
The overall idea look nice. imo it would be better if you replaced the gray gradient with something else
SuperDog wrote:Swyter mate, I'm blunt but for a reason. Tell me what did you expect from a 7min sketch?

Hi SuperDog,
I understand that you don't like this proposal however expressing it like this doesn't help us. After all Swyter is new here and he tries to help.
Last edited by Smiley on Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.