A fresh face...

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

Z98
Release Engineer

Re: A fresh face...

Post by Z98 »

A side comment, keep in mind that changing the logo is a non-starter right now. You are free to play around and show ideas and concepts, just realize that the current ROS logo will not be displaced unless an explicit decision is made on the part of the team that we need a new one. That is not a decision that will be made lightly and is not one that is considered necessary at this point.
Swyter
Location: Spain ← Europe ← Planet Earth ← Milky Way ← Universe

Post by Swyter »

Z98 wrote:A side comment, keep in mind that changing the logo is a non-starter right now. You are free to play around and show ideas and concepts, just realize that the current ROS logo will not be displaced unless an explicit decision is made on the part of the team that we need a new one. That is not a decision that will be made lightly and is not one that is considered necessary at this point.
I know. I'm just throwing away raw ideas, so you can have some premade designs the day you want to give a drastic image change to the project.
For example when releasing an important revision, and so.

That's it.

[ external image ]

Contrasted test version. More elegant. Darker. Full resolution image here:
http://imgur.com/G3srp
External patch contributor for ux/user-mode/l10n/winapi. Sometimes I fix a bit of everything everywhere.
Saibamen

Post by Saibamen »

Weeeee! Amazing.
ReactOS Forum Global Moderator
IT-Maniak.pl administrator
luluthefirst

Post by luluthefirst »

That's better but the background for me is server-style, because server-style is grayed :P
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Looks nice :)
patternjake

Post by patternjake »

I've got an eye for this sort of thing, and all I can say is-

IT MAKES ME REACT IN A GOOD WAY.

Nice work. :D
garetjax

Post by garetjax »

All the other so called designers here that have been entrenched routinely foul-mouth any work besides their own. And offer little to no real assistance by way of which to correct the failures they 'opinionate' and solicit.

I find that their is some worthwhile concept that deserves to be looked into further. You are a minimalist it seems and as such the designs that you present are great ideas for a further concept that should be done. I would suggest utilising the logo in profile, and using higher color swatches with a softer gradient adjustment. Additionaly, the muted aspect of your current implementation does need something to detract or derail the monotony of the entire vista.

Just thoughtful remarks, I may or may not know what I'm talking about.

:)