The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

wojo664

Real HW signature proposal

Post by wojo664 »

hto
Developer

Post by hto »

The idea of such a thing itself is good, but maybe it should be implemented along the lines of already known "ReactOS Tester" signature.
wojo664

Re: Real HW signature proposal

Post by wojo664 »

naums

Post by naums »

I guess (and this is really what I do here) hto wanted to say: They suck. The idea itself is good, but the signature should be made with bigger professionality.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

naums wrote:I guess (and this is really what I do here) hto wanted to say: They suck. The idea itself is good, but the signature should be made with bigger professionality.
Nope, he said what he said. And please dont be so rude.He made a big effort creating them.
naums

Post by naums »

sorry for that. I was just interpreting (is there such a word?) what he said.
wojo664

Post by wojo664 »

eh... It was supposed to be rather simple... the green stuff with yellow lines was supposed to be a PCB ... (that thing where potentiometers, capacitors, resistors are... ) the black square with a grey strip is a power diode...

it's rather dificult to put some thing that can be recognized in such a small area...

PS: Saying that someone work suck can totally kill that person's good intentions...
garetjax

Post by garetjax »

naums

Post by naums »

Don't get me wrong, wojo664, I was seeing that this green thingy is a semiconductor but I was also seeing that it has been done with paint. If we'd live in the 90's that'd be ok, but sorry, we don't. If you like I can help you getting GIMP running. If you want - PM.

PS: I didn't mean to offend you in any way, so ... I'm sorry, that I was so rudely.

[ external image ]

I tried to make one myself, at first I wanted to make it like the already existing, and I then realised, what I do looks awful. So I changed the plan.

Regards, naums
wojo664

Post by wojo664 »

No problem naums ;-)
I think that the Real Hardware Tester bar might contain some sort of the symbol of the Real HW.
Actually I've tried to squeeze a small piece of the PCB from the image I taken to paint, but it pixelated so much when squeezed...

garetjax - > In my opinion the ReactOS word fades too much into dark. I can see only the upper part of the word. Is that intentional?
Pisarz

Post by Pisarz »

Idea itself is quite great, but as someone said, it doesn't look very professional. So I've decided, that I should run my Photoshop and try making something more professional and polished. Not really like it though, but here are the results of my work:
[ external image ]
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Maybe tha Naum's plus the Wojo idea of adding a "broken gap" to see the PCB?
I really like,just my opinion of course, of adding a gap to see the hardware PCB.
But nice idea of creating a design for ReactOS hardware testers since lately there are a couple around :)
wojo664

Post by wojo664 »

Maybe offtopic, but.... moments ago I did a succesfull debug logging using self joined null-modem cable :-) Real HW Debug :)
betaluva

Post by betaluva »

Pisarz wrote:Idea itself is quite great, but as someone said, it doesn't look very professional. So I've decided, that I should run my Photoshop and try making something more professional and polished. Not really like it though, but here are the results of my work:
[ external image ]

can you try making on using the green from the pcb as the background? ( use the same black font )