Wallpapers

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

Sof_T

Re: Wallpapers

Post by Sof_T »

Agreed that second one would make a gorgeous boot screen if you could animate the blue ring to be the loading bar. Both extremely high quality wallpapers.
garetjax

Post by garetjax »

Pisarz, that isn't my style; but thanks for the suggestion.
garetjax

Post by garetjax »

inf_loop

Post by inf_loop »

Nice designs garetjax. Some little suggestions, why not use the same font usually used in ReactOS logos? and I think that the wallpapers in the center should read "ReactOS" instead of "REACTOS". :)
garetjax

Post by garetjax »

The font's are a matter of choice. I chose to use what looked well to me. That is the problem with wallpaper's you see. I can build hundreds of them all subtly different to give each and ever individual their 'ideal' but, I actually make them for me. So, I go for my tastes and that includes fonts, logos, artwork, colour and blending. If you want to have the font different, well send me a paypal donation of $5.00 for each change you want and I will at will change them to whatever your heart desires. However, I am no designer...I just stayed at a holiday inn express last night and have the skills to do them for the moment. Come tomorrow I will be a web-developer and the next a web-designer. :)

//lol//
inf_loop

Post by inf_loop »

I understand, I was only making some suggestions... if you don't like them just send them to /dev/null :lol:
naums

Post by naums »

However, I am no designer
You aren't? Well, then they are awsome. I liked them already, and I'm no designer too, but I can't make such things like 'em. The reflection doesn't seem to fit on the images I make. But you do really like the button-like-thingy, don't ya? Try it withouth the button and a little Text on a edge. Maybe you will like them too. ^^

MfG naums
garetjax

Post by garetjax »

I like them for me. :)
Strider2370

Post by Strider2370 »

Here's one: [ external image ]
Bblaauw

Post by Bblaauw »

Nice and elegant, Strider. Looks like you got some theme working as well.
naums

Post by naums »

Strider: Don't get me wrong, and I bet you will, but I don't like the colors of your theme or wallpaper, whatever you wanted to present us. I think (and I guess that is AGAIN my oppinion, and noone else's) the violett-tone is too 90's for them being on an Operating system of the 2010s - I like the idea behind the wallpaper, the fog, the shine, but the logo in the middle - let's put it that way: I like it, as it is shown here better that the color-changes version of yours. So, you'll see this is for me all about colors, and I think they are not fitting to the reactOS-blue. - Please, I'm just talking about my opinion, so ... maybe the others will like it.

MfG Naums
Dave3434

Post by Dave3434 »

reminds me of windows 98 but with a mix of xp i love ahh nostalgia :)
Dave3434

Post by Dave3434 »

p.s set the taskbar black but with a green start menu just an idea :)
Linuxgamer94

Post by Linuxgamer94 »

I liked the purple React OS retro background.