Mega Games Pack for ReactOS & Bugs to fix

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

EmuandCo
Developer

Re: Mega Games Pack for ReactOS & Bugs to fix

Post by EmuandCo »

Gerat idea. We need some eye candy, badly
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
GlennLChugg

Post by GlennLChugg »

LOL, I take it your sig counter is how many times he's said that 'it's still alpha'?
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

GlennLChugg wrote:LOL, I take it your sig counter is how many times he's said that 'it's still alpha'?
Yes,and it's not updated iirc :3
If I understood correctly your bugreport, seems we have two bugs.The first one is a problem with the Path.This one can be "jumped" thanks to a workaround you made.But then, the 2nd bug (a BSOD) appears.
If you can share the binary with the workaround, I will use it to regtest too and find when we introduced the bug(BSOD).
Thanks!
GlennLChugg

Post by GlennLChugg »

The path fix is still uncertain, I'm grabbing the latest SVN to work on that tomorrow and the Code fix I mentioned was only for testing, it still had issues internally, but only on ReactOS, Read the last 3 posts here:
http://www.lastos.org/forum/index.php?t ... #post-8575

I'll help figure it out too, but the BSOD is much more pressing as I can work around any other bugs except that one ;)

I'll make sure your able to do the test case off the ISO like I was able to in (52725), but mostly the putty log files and patch range will give insights to whats causing it (I hope). Back soon (can't sleep when there is work to be done anyway ;))
GlennLChugg

Post by GlennLChugg »

No the test case fails on the latest SVN, I've not had time to find out the change over build where the DVD one fails, but the desktop one worked in 0.3.13 and doesn't in (52725), I guess I'll need to help find the Path bug before the BSOD one can be tested successfully.
GlennLChugg

Post by GlennLChugg »

The path issue is not a path issue at all, it's an error caused by not being in the same folder as the 7z.exe when you run it, for some reason in ReactOS when you run 7z.exe and your not in the same folder as the 7z.exe (ChDir for current directory while using cmd) it will fail (bug attachment and description contain more details). So I am not able to offer any more help at this time.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

I am currently investigating SetupS regression.
I found that we are not installing correctly SetupS when running from C: failing during the installation, as you pointed.
It has redirected me to a RTL commit. I will try to debug it, find the info and try to fix it. I will send the info back to AlexIonescu as it was his commit if I dont find/am not able to fix the bug.
Stay tunned ;)
betaluva

Post by betaluva »

RE: wi-fi support, maybe ReactOS could dirctly license CSIRO,s wi-fi software/technology and not risk getting sued:

http://www.zdnet.com.au/csiro-greedy-in ... 303602.htm

or search for "CSIRO sues Microsoft and wins"