Work in progress, stay tuned!
1. Built-in logging functions of VM software isn't interactive.
2. KDBG is the debugger program's name.
3. KDBG is interactive.
4. Putty auto-names debug files for you with date/time stamps.
5. You probably don't *need* com0com-> use pipes instead (if possible)
6. Putty doesn't 'install'. The exe file is portable. Easy to download and use and delete if not needed anymore.
7. This is the only way to get any debugging information out of certain stages. <- am I correct with that statement? Not entirely- you can use *any* 'terminal' app for this function
Example reason to use Putty:
Trying to install something. The install doesn't 'crash' but unexpectedly closes. The log file may or may not have detailed enough information. If you had Putty up and running, you could see more info.
Work in progress!
Last edited by DeadDude
on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.