Mouse and keyboard don't work (Install CD)

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

mrmajik45

Re: Mouse and keyboard don't work (Install CD)

Post by mrmajik45 »

"Device Handle" Maybe disconnect any extra devices. Usb Mouse/Keyboard
ReactOS Donator ~ $5.00 | Linux Mint Donator ~ $1.00 in BTC
Reactions

Post by Reactions »

Hi all,
Good news and bad news:

I do have the same issue, and have found out that it bis a driver related issue. However, no matter what driver I try adding to the ISO driver list, it still doesn't work. I will notify if I find ones that work. You mileage may vary. Try copying drivers from Win10.
Thanks,
Reactions
binarymaster

Post by binarymaster »

Reactions wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:37 am Try copying drivers from Win10.
This wouldn't work. :lol:
middings

Post by middings »

See the ReactOS Wiki topic "Known Issues, USB".
Reactions

Post by Reactions »

Hi all,
Good news!
I have figured out what the issue was, and have a fix.
So,you are going to need the boot iso, not the live CD, and an ISO editing tool.

Once the selected Image is opened in the software, then go to reactos>system32>drivers, and delete all .sys files with "usb" as the first part of the file name.Save the image and write it to a device of your pleasing.

Then once booted, it will tell you that it can't find the drivers(sys files). Press enter for each prompt and it then will take you to the blue installation screen with working keyboard and mouse(USB devices).

Disclaimer: Works for 10 and older. Working on 11 and newer as we speak.
Reactions

Post by Reactions »

Finally!!!

This works for 11 and newer.

So,you are going to need the boot ISO, not the live CD, and an ISO editing tool.

Once the selected Image is opened in the software, then go to reactos>system32>drivers, and delete the "usbehci.sys" file. Save the image and write it to a device of your pleasing.

Then once booted, it will tell you that it can't find the driver(sys file). Press enter for the prompt and it then will take you to the blue installation screen with working keyboard and mouse(USB devices).
middings

Post by middings »

I am glad you found a workaround for the problem you encountered, Reactions. Thank you for coming back to the ReactOS Support forum and sharing it with us. Maybe the details of your workaround will help the developers (devs) make a more robust fix that avoids the problem altogether.

I assume by "works for 10" and "works for 11" you mean that your workaround succeeds with ReactOS release 0.4.10 and current nightly builds for the future 0.4.11 release.
Reactions

Post by Reactions »

middings wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:06 pm I am glad you found a workaround for the problem you encountered, Reactions. Thank you for coming back to the ReactOS Support forum and sharing it with us. Maybe the details of your workaround will help the developers (devs) make a more robust fix that avoids the problem altogether.

I assume by "works for 10" and "works for 11" you mean that your workaround succeeds with ReactOS release 0.4.10 and current nightly builds for the future 0.4.11 release.
Yes, that is what I meant. Thank for clarifying for me!
Zero3K

Post by Zero3K »

For the hanging when detecting the USB devices, I replaced usbport.sys when it was installed on a Macbook which gets the keyboard and mouse to work in the 2nd-stage setup. When I replaced it in the boot CD, it tells me that it can't load usbuhci.sys and then freezes at a black screen after I press Enter on that message.
Reactions

Post by Reactions »

Zero3K wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:02 pm For the hanging when detecting the USB devices, I replaced usbport.sys when it was installed on a Macbook which gets the keyboard and mouse to work in the 2nd-stage setup. When I replaced it in the boot CD, it tells me that it can't load usbuhci.sys and then freezes at a black screen after I press Enter on that message.
Did you try the usbehci.sys? That should fix the issue.
Please support/share my Patreon! Helps so much! https://www.patreon.com/reactions
Zero3K

Post by Zero3K »

Huh? Are you stating that I should replace usbport.sys and usbehci.sys that are on the Boot CD with the ones from Windows XP in order for it to work properly?
Reactions

Post by Reactions »

No, keep all sys files except for the usbehci.sys. Do not copy anything from a different os.
Please support/share my Patreon! Helps so much! https://www.patreon.com/reactions
Zero3K

Post by Zero3K »

I will try that soon and let you know if it works.

EDIT: I've already tried that and reported my findings at https://jira.reactos.org/browse/CORE-15 ... ent-110807.
Reactions

Post by Reactions »

Zero3K wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:03 pm I will try that soon and let you know if it works.

EDIT: I've already tried that and reported my findings at https://jira.reactos.org/browse/CORE-15 ... ent-110807.
I got lost in all that. Did it work?