Network?

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

geekkid1

Network?

Post by geekkid1 »

I know that sooooo many other people have asked this question, and I've seen a lot of them. Only thing is, I still can not connect my VirtualBox VM of ReactOS to the internet. I tried the bridged adapter, I tried NAT, I tried changing the adapter type, and nothing works. I would play around with the settings, but I'm completely clueless when it comes to this sort of thing. Can someone please suggest something??
oldman

Re: Network?

Post by oldman »

geekkid1 wrote:I know that sooooo many other people have asked this question, and I've seen a lot of them. Only thing is, I still can not connect my VirtualBox VM of ReactOS to the internet. I tried the bridged adapter, I tried NAT, I tried changing the adapter type, and nothing works. I would play around with the settings, but I'm completely clueless when it comes to this sort of thing. Can someone please suggest something??
This https://www.reactos.org/wiki/User:Matthiasbasler user's wiki describes how to get networking in VirtualBox.
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
geekkid1

Post by geekkid1 »

I didn't realize quite how much was wrong with the builds of both ReactOS and VirtualBox I had installed. Geez. I'll have to reinstall both. Thanks for the help! I figured out why it wasn't working.
middings

Post by middings »

geekkid1 wrote:I figured out why it wasn't working.
I am glad to hear that. Usually in an forum like this one, posting the solution is expected. If the person who asked for help solved the problem on ones own, even then one posts the solution. Then we all learn something. The next person who encounters the same problem will especially appreciate having the solution posted.