Help on installing React

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

yab

Help on installing React

Post by yab »

Hi
I have downloaded the react os from this link https://www.reactos.org/download
I followed all the steps 1)downloaded ReactOS-0.4.7-iso (zipped file) . 2) extracted all files . 3) Burnd disc image
I put it to a new computer . now I have problems it have started loading . but getting stuck . I wold like to put a screen shot to show the problem. how can I get permission to put attachments
hbelusca
Developer

Re: Help on installing React

Post by hbelusca »

"ReactOS" : https://www.reactos.org
vs.
"React" : https://reactjs.org/

No relation at all between the two projects, apart from the fact the 2nd one was inspired by our name that dates back to 1999.
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

About your problem: please provide a description of your machine. I suppose it has USB ports? In its current state ReactOS does not support well USB and it is highly probable that it either hung or has broken into its kernel debugger due to some related problem, as it happens in 99% cases to people trying to test ROS on (new) real hardware.
milon

Post by milon »

@yab, I don't think you can attach files to a forum post here. But I could be wrong - I haven't tried in ages. I usually use dropbox or something to put it online and then link it here. But as others have said, ReactOS is still Alpha (not even Beta) so we don't expect it to run on most "real" hardware. It does run great in virtual machines though!
yab

Post by yab »

milon wrote:@yab, I don't think you can attach files to a forum post here. But I could be wrong - I haven't tried in ages. I usually use dropbox or something to put it online and then link it here. But as others have said, ReactOS is still Alpha (not even Beta) so we don't expect it to run on most "real" hardware. It does run great in virtual machines though!
on this link
faq.php#f3r3
Can I post images?
Yes, images can be shown in your posts. If the administrator has allowed attachments, you may be able to upload the image to the board.
To display the image use the BBCode [img] tag.
yab

Post by yab »

[quote="hbelusca"]About your problem: please provide a description of your machine

.it is a DELL OPTIPLEX 960 I Bought it 2nd hend & it came whithout OS so I'm trying to install react. please let me know what info U need me to put about the machine in order to help me
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

That is the name of your machine, you now need to supply a full description of your hardware.

For example:

Asus P5G41C-M LX Socket 775 Motherboard
Pentium core duo quad Q8300 2.5GHz CPU 2 x 1024 L2 cache 4 x 357mhz FSB
2048mb DDR3 PC5300 (333mhz) (533/400mhz)

nVIDIA Geforce 8400GS 256mb

Model Seagate ST1000LM014-1EJ164 2.5"- hybrid hard drive - 5400rpm Capacity 1024GB
SATA 2
USB 2.0 keyboard and mouse
Wireless Card Intel Pro 3954abg
Broadcom BCM5761e NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet PCIe

That is an example that might kick the ball rolling, you'll need to supply your own!
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
yab

Post by yab »

dizt3mp3r wrote:That is the name of your machine, you now need to supply a full description of your hardware.

That is an example that might kick the ball rolling, you'll need to supply your own!
can U tell me where to look up all this info ( the machine dont have windows ) so probably I have to look it up by pressing the F2. if U will tell me what to look for it will be a help
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

can U tell me where to look up all this info

Yes I can.
Go to the internet. Investigate. Then open the machine and look. Investigate. Use that brain of yours and your eyes.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
yab

Post by yab »

dizt3mp3r wrote:
can U tell me where to look up all this info

Yes I can.
Go to the internet. Investigate. Then open the machine and look. Investigate. Use that brain of yours and your eyes.
the think is that this computer dont have OS
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Ah, but you can use the computer you are using now to use the internet. This is complex stuff!

The internet is like an infinite stack of Dentists reception magazines all stapled together, it takes a lot of sifting but the information you need is there somewhere.

Then have look inside the box.
milon

Post by milon »

yab wrote:
milon wrote:@yab, I don't think you can attach files to a forum post here. But I could be wrong - I haven't tried in ages. I usually use dropbox or something to put it online and then link it here. But as others have said, ReactOS is still Alpha (not even Beta) so we don't expect it to run on most "real" hardware. It does run great in virtual machines though!
on this link
faq.php#f3r3
Can I post images?
Yes, images can be shown in your posts. If the administrator has allowed attachments, you may be able to upload the image to the board.
To display the image use the BBCode [ external image ]
I'm glad you read the FAQ. That shows some initiative on your part. :) But I think you misunderstood what it's saying. You're not uploading to the forum. The image has to be online somewhere else. The IMG tag just tells the forum where the picture already is.

Like this:
[ external image ]
breu35

Post by breu35 »

I installed on a hd the react 0.47 this week built by Vgal. Where USB and usb peripherals work, also mouse and external hd, and pendrive. I managed to get the network drive, but not the wlan. My laptop and a Dell inspiron 1545 drive from wlan 1397 are not my fault.I am connected by cable, firefox. I am speaking portuguese. google translate. But,I understand a little english
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

breu35 wrote:I installed on a hd the react 0.47 this week built by Vgal. Where USB and usb peripherals work, also mouse and external hd, and pendrive. I managed to get the network drive, but not the wlan. My laptop and a Dell inspiron 1545 drive from wlan 1397 are not my fault.I am connected by cable, firefox. I am speaking portuguese. google translate. But,I understand a little english
Who is Breu? someone else? Assuming you need help too...

OK, both of you, we need the hardware of the machine you are intending to install upon. Your last post was a little confusing.

Try to copy my post where I demonstrated an example of a hardware description but replace it with your hardware...

CPU
motherboard
memory
wireless
ethernet
USB
hard drives & bus type

Sort it as above and we can start to help. You can find out some of the info. on the internet by looking up the model number. Breu, perhaps you might be better off opening your own thread rather than hijacking this one.
breu35

Post by breu35 »

Thanks for the quick service. Vgal's build on real hardware in my computer This compilation is on the site:
http://vgal.ru.com/ from 06/01/2018 "ReactOS 0.4.7 + new USB.I installed on a real hardware via USB.
It works perfectly the USBs (mouse, external Hd and pendrives placed or referenced of the hardware).
What did not happen in the compilation of Reactos 0.4.7 live cd( unmodified) , since it ran, but did not recognize the Usbs
or connected to the internet.
After installed I got and made the network card work (driver xp broacom 80 ..) but not the wlan (dell wlan1347)
and neither the sound.

Ps. 1) I do not know if this is exactly where I ask;
2) I did not open another call, as suggested, because I think it is the same problem as the other user (although
of the boot screen) and for others to venture into real hardware. Showing that you can already use
in a real world. Knowing that it is alpha.
3) My test machine is an Inspiron 1545 - Dell, 4mb memory, 40gb hd (external hd - REACT) and 130 hd (Ubuntu 16.04) on the notebook.
4) The other data I do not remember and I will forward later, because I do not have the notebook now.

pentium dual-core t4300 2.1Ghz
video intel gm45graphics
audio idt92hd71
dell wireless 1397 mini card
mem 4mb ddr2
USB 2.0
Last edited by breu35 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:14 am, edited 3 times in total.