Cannot instal 0.48 from installcd, and no DOS executable

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

p1_p1_p1

Cannot instal 0.48 from installcd, and no DOS executable

Post by p1_p1_p1 »

I tried 0.48 live CD and it runs, but it doesnt have network, sound, graphics drivers so i take blank HDD, and tried install reactos 0.48 from install cd using usb cdrom, it stops on blank screen before setup.
so i tried format hdd to FAT, copy reactOS files to hdd and guess what: there is no executable for dos :) so how i can install this? :D CDROM boot doesnt work, no executable when i copy installation dir :)

live cd boots up and there is install option, but it FAILS without any installation, copy live cd to HDD 1:1 works, ti runs but it is impossible to install any driver because it runs again blank after every boot.

my test computer has following params: Intel® Atom D525 Dual Core 1.8 GHz, 4 GB DDR3,8 GB SATA SD FLASH HDD, Intel MN10 Chipset (on intel D525wm), onboard GMA 3150, onboard realtek 1gbps RT8138, onboard 802.11b/g/n wifi ATHEROS (this is not important for me), sound REALTEK 622 hd audio,

-windows 98 tested and installed on this configuration, there are nonexistent drivers for VGA and sound whatever system runs well
-windows XP tested and installed on this configuration, no problems
-windows 7 tested and installed on this configuration, no problems
linux runs well too on this.
Last edited by p1_p1_p1 on Sat May 12, 2018 10:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
p1_p1_p1

Re: Cannot instal 0.48 from installcd, and no DOS executable

Post by p1_p1_p1 »

i ll be nice to have any dos compatible installation method - there is still freedos for format hdd and run cdrom support to copy reactos files, but there is no reactos setup binary to execute setup !
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Report this issue properly giving all pertinent information that might be required for assisting you and then someone here may be able to help.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
p1_p1_p1

Post by p1_p1_p1 »

dizt3mp3r wrote:Report this issue properly giving all pertinent information that might be required for assisting you and then someone here may be able to help.
no bsod, sytem just hangs up during boot up after Loading boot drivers ... black screen thats all, i cant do debug, select anything so what all information do you imagine? :D

just installed it on D525, boot sector cloned from live CD to hdd, exctracted setup from src package and recompiled using gcc compiler :P now installing form dos, everything is working now, looks like react os is incompatible with usbCDROM :P use your brains programmers :)
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Good that you updated your original post with pertinent info.

USB is not functional.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
middings

Post by middings »

p1_p1_p1 wrote:
dizt3mp3r wrote::P use your brains programmers :)
(Still in your adolescence, eh P1? Oolcay itay.)

Please use your best English prose, grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Your sloppy, lazy writing causes unnecessary difficulty for ReactOS Forum participants who are not native English speakers.* To put it bluntly, p1_p1_p1, your behavior is rude. Furthermore your "use your brains" remark was insulting and also rude.

See "How to Ruin the Motivation of Maintainers" from the slide show, "99 Ways to Ruin an Open Source Project. (Click the image to move to the next slide in the series. Slide #35 applies to you in particular, p1_p1_p1.)

* Yes, we can almost always tell the difference between someone who is not fluent in English and a native English speaker who is too lazy to write properly. The ReactOS community will try very hard to understand and communicate with people who struggle with English. Many ReactOS developers, testers, and forum participants speak English as a second language. We are not amused by people who can write English well but choose to write badly.

"Let us stand on each other's shoulders, not on each other's toes."--heard at the Homebrew Computer Club, circa 1977-78