How to install Java 8

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

junleal

How to install Java 8

Post by junleal »

Guys, i need to install java 8. This is possible? I try downloaded oracle website but dont install.
Sorry my english.
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: How to install Java 8

Post by EmuandCo »

Well, Java 7 worked in the past. v8 I am not sure tbh. Load the 32 bit offline setup (jre-8u171-windows-i586.exe) and try this one. No guarantee though.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
oldman

Post by oldman »

I have installed Java 8 in ReactOS, some years ago now. It warns you that your OS is not supported, but you need to just continue with the installation and it should work.
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Yes, that message will show up for sure because Oracle gives no official support for 2003/XP anymore. It can be ignored as you said.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
qbancoffee

Post by qbancoffee »

I was able to Download and use JDK 8u192 Early Access build from
http://jdk.java.net/8/

I believe this is the OpenJDK binary for Windows provided by Oracle. I was redirected here when searching for a Windows OpenJDK binary
http://openjdk.java.net/
There is no installer so you have to place the folder and its contents somewhere and add the executable location to the path.

I compiled and ran several java programs I've written. Two of them use the RXTX serial port library and they both detect attached serial ports.
I have not been able to test actual serial communications yet but it looks promising.

I used ReactOS 0.4.9