React OS Boot/Installation problems

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

warpen101

React OS Boot/Installation problems

Post by warpen101 »

Hello my name is Warpen. lately i made the decision to immigrate to react OS after being disappointed with windows 10 for a long time. no matter if i use the live cd i constantly get the 0x07B BSODS as shown in my video but when i use the boot cd it loads then just goes on a constant black screen. now that is just scratching the surface. the video shows all the problems i run into. so im sorry if some of you prefer in text format but im not very good at portraying that. i am using 0.4.9 for both boot and live and i have tried the russian usb trial too but that still did not work

here is my debug log
[ external image ]

and here is the video of all the issues i have. im really sorry if i come off as rude or arrogant but i dont mean to be like this sorry
https://youtu.be/M8gcqKmhkfs

if anyone wants to discuss this with me indepth please hmu on my discord at Warpen#9165
or just post a reply thats all good :D
Cheers
Warpen
binarymaster

Re: React OS Boot/Installation problems

Post by binarymaster »

Do you boot ReactOS from USB Flash drive or USB CD/DVD reader?
mrmajik45

Post by mrmajik45 »

USB is a no no.
A built-in CD-Drive is good.

Also you have 69 subs.

EDIT: He said he using a CD in the vid. He's also having the same problem with my ASUS laptop. SWENUM.SYS
ReactOS Donator ~ $5.00 | Linux Mint Donator ~ $1.00 in BTC
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

warpen101 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:12 am lately i made the decision to immigrate to react OS after being disappointed with windows 10 for a long time.
That would be mistake No. 1.
Tell me, did you read the installation instructions? Did you check what state ReactOs is currently?

There is a chance ReactOS will work for you but it won't be a usable o/s, are you aware of this important fact?
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
binarymaster

Post by binarymaster »

Looks like bugcheck 0x00000069 (IO1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED) is known bug on UEFI boards.

Also this seems related: https://jira.reactos.org/browse/CORE-14 ... ent-101865
mrmajik45

Post by mrmajik45 »

Try disabling in the BIOS option "SATA PORT0-3 Native Mode" (or similar).
ReactOS Donator ~ $5.00 | Linux Mint Donator ~ $1.00 in BTC
warpen101

Post by warpen101 »

dizt3mp3r wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:55 pm
warpen101 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:12 am lately i made the decision to immigrate to react OS after being disappointed with windows 10 for a long time.
That would be mistake No. 1.
Tell me, did you read the installation instructions? Did you check what state ReactOs is currently?

There is a chance ReactOS will work for you but it won't be a usable o/s, are you aware of this important fact?
Yes i am aware. and im willing to take the risk :D
shunesburg

Post by shunesburg »

warpen101 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:12 am i made the decision to immigrate to react OS after being disappointed with windows 10 for a long time.
I'm sorry for you but ReactOS it's not ready for that. The system is in development and you can't use for work or normal use.
The best thing to do for the moment, should be install a Linux and use VirtualBox on it to emulate Windows or ReactOS.
You should install ReactOS when it will be ready, but it will be in lot of years normally (the project have 20 years and none stable release yet).
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

warpen101 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:28 am Yes i am aware. and im willing to take the risk :D
OK, good for you :) Now list your hardware and some here may be able to comment on its potential compatibility.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
phoenix63

Post by phoenix63 »

exactly the same problem with me ! And I've tried already with different versions of 4.4.8, without any success...
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

By all means test on real hardware but lower your expectations and when it doesn't work, test using a VM. It'll work there!

Have fun when trying to get real hardware to work, trawl this post and the forums for others using your hardware.

You haven't listed what you are attempting to use. Read the installation instructions, then come back with that list.
middings

Post by middings »

"Installation instructions"?! Why do you think they call it code?*

Unfortunately, the ReactOS project's installation instructions are a hidden treasure. I searched the ReactOS.org home page (front page) using the strings "instruction", "installation", and "release notes". The search engine returned no results. Experienced software experimenters would look for installation instructions and release notes near the link to download the software.

Here's the secret to finding the elusive ReactOS installation instructions: near the top of the ReactOS.org home page there is a button marked "Download it!". Choose (click on) that button. The ReactOS.org/download page will appear. No, there is still no link clearly marked "release notes", "installation instructions", or even marked "Don't Panic" (in friendly red letters). Look for the text "What now?! If you don't know what to do with the downloaded file...". Scroll down the page if necessary to find that text. Near that text will be a friendly blue button labeled "Just click here!" But isn't that the kind of thing Internet newbies are warned not to click?** Doesn't that cheery caption frighten away the newbies, the less confident, and the virus-phobic people? Despite all the good advice to the contrary, steel yourself and choose (click on) that button. The Installing_ReactOS page in the ReactOS Wiki will appear.

Of course, the people most experienced with cool open source projects will overlook anything marked "If you don't know what to do...". They are experienced! They already know how to turn an iso file into bootable media.** They know what to do: they look for something marked "installation instructions", "user manual", or "release notes". But in ReactOS Land (as it is today) the people with the most experience and skill with open source software will be the most frustrated with ReactOS.***

I recommend re-naming the ReactOS.org home page the home page. The name "Front page" is so 1990s--very last century. Most of all, I strongly recommend placing friendly buttons labeled "installation instructions" and "release notes" right next to the "Download it!" button. Also, place additional such buttons right beneath the Download page's "Download BootCD" and "Download LiveCD" buttons.

These better placed and labeled buttons will avoid much frustration on the part of the sort of people who could become the best fans of the ReactOS project.

* I borrowed this from the old programmer's joke, "Document my code?! Why do you think they call it code?" The joke is a play on two meanings of the word "code"--what programmers write to instruct computers, and what people use to keep their messages secret.

** Don't computer virus experts tell us "Don't click on just anything"? Yes, I think that's what the experts tell us. Similarly, when we were tiny our mothers told us not to stick just anything into our mouths. Some advice is evergreen.

*** Among their skills is creating bootable USB thumb drives. Maybe if the instructions were easier to find, these skilled open source software users would find the instruction "ReactOS is not able to boot from USB devices yet" before trying all their tricks to boot from a USB device and failing. Maybe.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Good to see you have some passion Middings, you are normally so peaceful and measured.

I suggest you take your rant and place it in the place it belongs :)

ie. create a new thread about how bad the website is for stating the bleeding obvious. I have already tried believe me.

Re: the OP - the installation instructions link is one of the links in my signature.
denisbill

Post by denisbill »

lately i made the decision to immigrate to react OS after being disappointed with windows 10 for a long time. no matter if i use the live cd i constantly get the 0x07B BSODS as shown in my video but when i use the boot cd it loads then just goes on a constant black screen. now that is just scratching the surface. the video shows all the problems i run into. so im sorry if some of you prefer in text format but im not very good at portraying that.
elhoir
Test Team

Post by elhoir »

@denisbill
you can report your issue at JIRA if you wish. But do not spam or you will be banned. Thanks.