Using serial ports for more than debug

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

pbreneman

Re: Using serial ports for more than debug

Post by pbreneman »

I forgot to mention that I'm opening the ports without any flow control but since some of those functions are stubs in the driver the port must be getting opened for hardware handshaking.
pbreneman

Post by pbreneman »

I have posted a 3.9 MB zip file that has the compiler and source code for my current serial debug terminal on this page:
http://www.turbocontrol.com/easyfpgui.htm

No installation is needed. Just extract the zip into a new folder. Open a command prompt in the root folder of what was extracted. Then type "compile dbgterm" and when that finishes (give it some time) type "cd bin" and then "dbgterm" and you should be up and running.

This even compiles and runs well under ReactOS.

It isn't perfect but it is a good start. Next I hope to add the features I developed a couple of months back that gathers more ReactOS debug info when it crashes.
pbreneman

Post by pbreneman »

I just installed and tested r56661 dbg and COM2 now seems to work! Even with the default bootup choice (where it doesn't send any debugging info out COM1) COM1 still fails to send properly and still doesn't receive anything. Hopefully I can now use r56661 and figure out how to get both COM1 and the LAN ports working. It sure would be nice to have two serial ports and Ethernet working!

The most recent serial debug terminal is now available for Linux i386 and Linux ARM systems as well as i386 Win32 systems on this page:
http://www.turbocontrol.com/easyfpgui.htm
ryansmith2224

Post by ryansmith2224 »

can you please post the serial.sys file on a site where you do not have to register? I am trying to use the ReactOS operating system to debug some stuff but the built in serial drivers are not working properly at all in the latest daily builds (including ReactOS Daily Build 73499-dbg and 73449-rel, which was uploaded today). Im not trying to be funny but i dont like registering on random websites for stuff. Google drive or somewhere more convenient like that would be fine. Thankyou in advance.