TCP operation failed: 0xc0000128 (-12)

All development related issues welcome

Moderator: Moderator Team

Julcar

Post by Julcar »

Hi buddies, I am a bit bussy to post this on bugtracker (maybe we can call this a bug?) currently I am mounting a small web server with Reactos and after setting the domain and receiving a few visits, the debug log is spammed with messages like this

Code: Select all

Other common messages are these

Code: Select all

err:(dll/win32/msafd/misc/dllmain.c:1973) Async Connect UNIMPLEMENTED!
(win32ss/user/winsrv/consrv/frontends/terminal.c:265) Using FrontEndIFace HACK(1), should be removed after proper implementation!
But with the first message, is really annoy to find it a lot of times, making the debug log file really big in size.

Researching about this TCP error (-12) it seems to be related to mini connection drops, however this stackoverflow post says other reason.

Whatever is the reason of this log message, I would consider appropiate to fix or silence it, but maybe the devs have a better answer. :mrgreen:
dizt3mp3r

Re: TCP operation failed: 0xc0000128 (-12)

Post by dizt3mp3r »

To confirm, you are testing ReactOS and not intending to run ReactOS live? You are aware that ReactOS is in Alpha and that the networking stack, although it may work, is incomplete and still under development?

Just checking...
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
Julcar

Post by Julcar »

dizt3mp3r wrote:To confirm, you are testing ReactOS and not intending to run ReactOS live? You are aware that ReactOS is in Alpha and that the networking stack, although it may work, is incomplete and still under development?

Just checking...
Hi, I am aware of that, I've testing reactos for more than a year and I've found a software combination very stable to try it on a real environment to test his behavior with real traffic.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Julcar wrote:Hi, I am aware of that, I've testing reactos for more than a year and I've found a software combination very stable to try it on a real environment to test his behavior with real traffic.
I suggest a Jira report for this including log, ROS version and software tested including the version of it. The forums are not the right place to report bugs tbh.
If anything works in Windows 2003/XP and does not on ROS then it's ALWAYS a ROS bug ^^
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
ThFabba
Developer

Post by ThFabba »

If the debug spam is your only issue, ad68422a7b fixes that.

For future reference, note that debug messages are not considered bugs though, so you can ignore them unless your application actually shows incorrect behavior. Only if the message frequency is so high that it slows down the system will it be considered a problem.
Thanks.
Julcar

Post by Julcar »

Thankyou Thomas, the debug log is now a lot smaller and more easy to read