3ds max

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

castlevania

3ds max

Post by castlevania »

Hello guys,

Anybody know if apart of Adobe CS6 the reactOS team have thinking about make work 3ds max in ReactOS? Althought I would like to know if Unity 3d can also work below this SO. any response I'll really apreciate it.
dizt3mp3r

Re: 3ds max

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Honestly, you should not be thinking about anything 'working' in ReactOS at this stage. Working implies that you can use it in anger and as you know, ReactOS is an o/s in alpha stage so you should NOT be attempting to use it for anything other than testing.

By all means test 3Dmax or whatever you choose to see what errors are thrown and then report them using JIRA - and do this for testing purposes under a VM or on test hardware you don't care about but don't expect anything to work and don't do it on your live system.

If anything you test does work then feel pleased but note any failures, report them and be content that you are helping move ReactOS toward beta. Don't try to 'use' it as a real every day o/s or you may be severely disappointed.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
castlevania

Post by castlevania »

Thank you very much it has been very clearly and had clarify a lot of doubts, anyway ReactOS is a noble project and I hope it will be a real OS open source to use every day for everybody in nearly future.

Have a nice day! :D
rishabsain

Post by rishabsain »

I read that it depends on windows NT, but I'm contemplating whether reactOS is 100% viable with 64-digit autodesk and adobe items (3dmax, maya, photoshop, artist, and so on), just as well known 3d games.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

All wrong I am afraid. It depends upon nothing from Windows. It is, however intending to be Windows NT 5.1 compatible.

https://reactos.org/wiki/ReactOS_FAQ

ESSENTIAL - Read that from top to bottom, always do some research before selecting an o/s!

ReactOS does not run 64bit programs and is most likely going to be unable to run any of your programs at the moment. More importantly it is ALPHA and should NOT be used to run anything. Only use ReactOS for testing and analysis to provide feedback on bugs.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.