Enhancement: ReactOS as an OS in VBOX

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

vicmarcal
Test Team

Enhancement: ReactOS as an OS in VBOX

Post by vicmarcal »

Hi Guys :)
You know that installing ReactOS as a Virtual Machine isnt a difficult task, but new testers and people without a big knowledge of what is a Virtual Machine finds difficult to do it. The first(and main) stone that these users find is "Which OS i have to select in the VBOX\VMWare window that asks me to select which OS i want to install?ReactOS doesnt appear there!" and this little detail usually is big enough for them to leave the testing idea.
As VBOX is an opensource project, and they use Public tickets as we do, Gabrielilardi had the nice idea of requesting ReactOS being included in that "Window-where-Reactos-DOESNT-appear". As enhancements are just included if people ask for it, i think this Community can easily support this idea and i will give you the steps if you want to help:

1)Hereintroduce a name and a password. You dont need to give any other info,no email,no captcha,neither confirming,it takes 5 seconds.
2)Go to the Ticket(You are automatically LogIn): http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/5598#preview
3)Answer to the ticket with "Oh!This will be a nice feature!","+1", "VBOX rulez but will rulez much more adding ReactOS", whatever. (Please be serious ;) )

Thanks for your Support :)
Haos
Test Team

Re: Enhancement: ReactOS as an OS in VBOX

Post by Haos »

It would be nice if comments were actually meaningful and had added value to the ticket, instead of mindless spamming.
fred02

Post by fred02 »

vicmarcal wrote:Hi Guys :)
You know that installing ReactOS as a Virtual Machine isnt a difficult task, but new testers and people without a big knowledge of what is a Virtual Machine finds difficult to do it.
What about distributing a premade .vmdk image, as it would be compatible with several virtualisators? Of course ROS will have to autoreconfigure to take into account different emulated hardware.
The123king

Post by The123king »

fred02 wrote:
vicmarcal wrote:Hi Guys :)
You know that installing ReactOS as a Virtual Machine isnt a difficult task, but new testers and people without a big knowledge of what is a Virtual Machine finds difficult to do it.
What about distributing a premade .vmdk image, as it would be compatible with several virtualisators? Of course ROS will have to autoreconfigure to take into account different emulated hardware.
QEMU package comes with a VMDK image.
fred02

Post by fred02 »

The123king wrote: QEMU package comes with a VMDK image.
Oh, sorry. Thank you for pointing that out. (Never used it yet :-) )
RaptorEmperor

Post by RaptorEmperor »

[url]http://www.reactos.org/en/download.html[/url.]

"Preloaded on a VMWare virtual disk"