Moderator: Moderator Team
dcib wrote::?: when i try 2 install reactos it says use add/remove programs 2 install
system components so i can't install ReactOS (im using win 2000 pro)
Insert the ReactOS setup CD-ROM into a CD-ROM drive and reboot your computer. On the next boot, the ReactOS setup utility will start.
Follow the instructions on the screen to install ReactOS on your computer.
After the installation has finished, remove the setup CD-ROM from the CD-ROM drive and press "Return" to reboot your computer. Now, you can start ReactOS by selecting it from the boot menu.
More Infos: http://www.reactos.com/en/reactos_unifi ... etup_cdrom
Lucio Diaz wrote:It seems a problem with the CD burning, get sure you are burning the CD with the option "burn a CD image" not just coping the ISO file to the CD. Maybe trying with other recording software.
If it still dont work this is the alternative option (is not optimal as you dont get the setup screen, but it works for me)
1) Download the ReactOS binaries (8 Megs) from sourceforge or the casper Hornstrup CVS site http://reactos.csh-consult.dk/index.php?page=snapshots
2) Use Winzip to extract them to C:\ that way a Folder called C:\ReactOS will be created with all the reactos files.
3) Download the Program Rawwrite for windows http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/rawwrite.htm and extract it to any folder you wish.
4) Download the Freeloader Floopy Disk image http://reactos.csh-consult.dk/index.php?page=snapshots and extract it to any folder you wish.
5) Insert a new formated Floopy Disk and Execute Rawwrite:
6) Select the image file from the folder you extracted the Freeloader:
7) Press write, and wait till the program ends writing the image to the Floopy.
Restart the computer booting from the Floopy Disk:
Tell me if it works for you.
dcib wrote:do u mean extract the file from the iso then burn it 2 cd ? if so done that
so im goin 2 have 2 do it the hard way....
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests