(integrated?) image visualizer

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Do you need an (integrated) open source image visualizer ?

Good idea !
75%
Doh.
25%

Total votes: 20

forart

(integrated?) image visualizer

Post by forart »

Dunno if is a good idea to integrate something like (pseudo-integrated) Imaging on Windows, but i think it could be useful anyway to have an open source image visualizer (such as XnView,IrfanView or the well-known ACDSee).

I collected some (other platforms) open sourced visualizers on the 'Gaphic' section of the OSS port wishlist on the wiki.

Contributions & ideas are welcomed.
»Forward Agency NPO
In progress we (always) trust.
walter

Post by walter »

this idea is not bad.

a small image viewer easy to use and with limited editing capabilities (similar to irfanview) could be a great idea
counting_pine

Post by counting_pine »

I've always quite liked Windows XP's Picture and Fax Viewer, which does what it says on the tin, plus a small handful of extra features.
It's probably heavily integrated into Explorer, but that does give it a couple of useful features, such as the ability to page through images in the order they're sorted in the folder.
It'd probably be a nightmare to add something so integrated though.
DGMurdockIII

Post by DGMurdockIII »

not a bad idea
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

maybe for reactos 1.0 (or maybe Ged will add a slideshow feature to his imagesoft program :roll: )
FORCE

Post by FORCE »

I sended question to irfanview developer about does she opens irfanview source, she answered: Thanks, maybe later ;-).
Durel

Post by Durel »

An integrated image vieuwer should not have as many features as ACDsee. i feel its one of the things microsoft did correctly with XP. an image viewer should be exactly what it says it is. something to look at images with a next and previous button. a close button and zoom features prhaps allowing to turn the image like xp has but not too sure on that one
forart

Post by forart »

FORCE wrote:I sended question to irfanview developer about does she opens irfanview source, she answered: Thanks, maybe later ;-).
Uhm... really hard to think. A closed source dev/company is far from GPL (even if you should anyway inform them about ReactOS)... I think it's better to invite 3rd-party open source image visualizer developers to port their works on ROS. Some example:

vp (SDL-based image viewer :wink: )

Kujawiak Viewer :shock:
Cornice :!:
Imgv
Imview
PicView (not that small)
OpenSeeIt
Presenter

8)

Anyway i think that could be interesting to invite closed-source graphic devs to join/help/release sources for ReactOS, so check out the Jeh's Freeware Graphics Apps list and NONAGS...

:roll:
»Forward Agency NPO
In progress we (always) trust.