[ros-dev] The ne2000 driver

art yerkes ayerkes at speakeasy.net
Fri Nov 5 11:12:29 CET 2004

> That's not problem. In case IoGetDeviceProperty fails, these values
> really should be read from registry. This is not implemented yet, but it
> shouldn't matter because these values are used only by the PCI specific
> code (which obviously isn't used by the NE2K driver).

HalTranslateBusAddress does use these values though.
HaliReferenceHandlerForBus definately needs to see a matching BusNumber.

> >I should mention that I'm using qemu.  I've tried my trusty 32-bit 0.5.5
> >build, 32-bit 0.6.0, and 64-bit 0.6.0 builds.
> >

> It works for me with QEMU 2004-10-09 in ISA mode (I haven't tested PCI
> mode...). What's the result of "info network" command on QEMU console?

I run qemu as:

qemu -isa -monitor stdio -hda /dev/hdb

QEMU PC emulator version 0.6.1, Copyright (c) 2003-2004 Fabrice Bellard

$ ls -ltr /usr/bin/qemu
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       756592 Oct 29 16:05 /usr/bin/qemu

(qemu) info network
0: ifname=tun0 macaddr=52:54:00:12:34:56

--
Here's a simple experiment. Stand on a train track between two locomotives
which are pushing on you with equal force in opposite directions. You will