[ros-dev] Testing framework

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 6 10:24:34 CET 2004

Hi Casper,

--- Casper Hornstrup <chorns at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Sure, I'll put it in CVS but can we make it stay in OpenOffice (XML)
> format? Since I've started using OpenOffice, I've found that it is
> much
> easier to do it this way compared to writing the documents in DocBook
> format. I've never really found a free editor that was easy to use
> when
> editing them so I ended up using a normal text-editor. I just want
> this
> document to be in OpenOffice format. This is so we can have all the
> information about developing ReactOS (the tools and the processes) in
> one central place. For the techical and more dynamic documentation
> (like articles and roadmaps), I'd prefer our WIKI over DocBook since
> it is much faster to make changes (which occur often).

I like that idea of using OpenOffice. The nice thing about docbook is
that it makes it easy to generate all of the documentation in to HTML
at once. I dont know how or if you can script OpenOffice to convert
everything to HTML to be published on the web. Can you create a folder
in rosdocs for technical papers in OO format? I will see if there is a
way we can trick xlstproc in to generating HTML versions of the
OpenOffice files when we build the rest of rosdocs.

Thanks
Steven