[ros-dev] What I have learned on my time off (LinuxWorld)

Jason Filby jason.filby at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 23:03:55 CET 2004

Hi Steven

>Either a wiki or rosdocs is cool with me. I dont really care as long as
>it has version control and its a system thats easy for people to use.

The wiki shows revisions; diffs are available -- and it is very easy to use.

>What would really be nice would be if we could extend rosdocs and a
>wiki a bit to be able to read the OpenOffice XML format. It would make
>writing/uploading documentation easy.

The wiki has it's own tagging/formatting -- no need to worry about
that; for example:

==This is a header==

Indicates a Level 1 header - just add equals signs to change the
level. You can also use HTML tags such as <LI> for lists.

>T on IRC has offered to help with the website.

Yes - T (Michael) and Casper are going to be driving the process;
Michael has also volunteered to take on the web site coordinator
position.

>I think there is some work we can start on this now. I am going to
>start attempting to get a large hardware donation for ReactOS
>developers. It would be really nice if we all had semi-good laptops to
>use to demo ReactOS to others.

Also in the hardware dept: various devices for compatibility testing.

Cheers
Jason