[ros-dev] Testing framework

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 6 13:48:52 CET 2004

--- Jason Filby <jason.filby at gmail.com> wrote:
> What is the advantage of using OpenOffice files, publishing them to
> HTML over the use of a Wiki?

What I am asking for is a easy way to import to the Wiki rather than
just copy and paste. I can think of two situations where most Wiki
software does not work well.

1. If we want to extract the documentation from the site and ship it
for download and packaging of ReactOS then using a backend format like
the XML markup of the OpenOffice files would make it easy.

2. Not all of our developers have unlimited access to the internet and
some like Eric Kohl have to pay by the minuet for dial up access. Being
able to write the docs offline would help him.

> An immediate advantage of the Wiki over such is a system is the ease
> of linking between pages. And publishing is instantaneous and easy.

I agree and I like the idea of a Wiki. I just would like to have a
system that makes it easy to import the docs we already have or other
external documents and allows for easy export.

Thanks
Steven