[ros-dev] Ekush

Thomas Weidenmueller w3seek at reactos.com
Wed Nov 10 00:42:24 CET 2004

Filip Navara wrote:

> AFAIK they actually don't violate the GPL as long as they will send
> the source code on request (see GPL section 3). This doesn't mean that
> we shouldn't mail them and clear out the situation though...

But i really doubt it's legal to remove copyright information. Remember,
we still own the copyright, we just permit others to use the sources as
the license says. Which, as I understand it, implies they must not
remove copyrights, neither from binaries nor from sources. We don't have
access to the sources but they changed all copyright information in the
file properties of the binaries. What they do is not just insolent (by
not giving credit to the real creators) but also illegal.

Regards
Thomas